Taxi from anchorage airport

EndlessSea

This reminds me of my question -

We are on land a few days pre-cruise. We purchased the transfer (Princess) from Anchorage to Whittier on cruise day. Our plan is for DH to drop off the in-laws and me with the luggage at the Princess pick up spot, go return the rental vehicle at the airport, and get himself back to us (I thought by taxi, Uber, something). Does the public bus stop at or near the place where Princess collects passengers for the transfer?

Thanks. Are you aware of a small van service or are taxi vans available at the airport? There are five of us so hopefully we can get a van or we'll need two cabs.

Call for a van cab or be prepared to wait.

There’s always a line of taxi waiting just outside of baggage claim. I’d say 25$ is a good estimate, unlikely to be higher. Uber and Lyft are also available in anchorage now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This reminds me of my question -

We are on land a few days pre-cruise. We purchased the transfer (Princess) from Anchorage to Whittier on cruise day. Our plan is for DH to drop off the in-laws and me with the luggage at the Princess pick up spot, go return the rental vehicle at the airport, and get himself back to us (I thought by taxi, Uber, something). Does the public bus stop at or near the place where Princess collects passengers for the transfer?

Yes, bus 40, but there is walking involved from the transit station and the airport. You'd also have to allow at least an hour, with finding the bus stop and getting to Egan Center.

You can look this up yourself with a detailed map and using the route guide, on the bus web site.

I don't recall the city buses having any place to put baggage...perhaps a carryon is okay but otherwise could be difficult...

They are regular buses, but I have no problem, with a 25" bag, and of course I can manage it just fine, ,myself. I've been on the bus, when it's not been full. Last I did this was last year.

But the poster who asked the question- will NOT have any luggage. It's already dropped off.

There’s always a line of taxi waiting just outside of baggage claim. I’d say 25$ is a good estimate, unlikely to be higher. Uber and Lyft are also available in anchorage now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to know Uber and Lyft are also there!