Carnival Imagination Detailed Review - 7/29/18 !!!! Pictures to Follow!

SonoranDevil

Looking forward to your review. I'm in Phoenix also, and I have not pulled the trigger on one of the Long Beach trips yet because 1. No Balconies and I am not paying for a suite for such a short trip and 2. Not really sure I want to sail to a couple of places in Mexico I would not otherwise choose to visit for the sake of a massive drunk fest. 3. Oh and 3, not sure I want to expose my kid to that. As you are experiencing the cruise, do me a favor and tell me if you would have felt comfortable bringing your daughter and if you think she would have had fun.

do me a favor and tell me if you would have felt comfortable bringing your daughter and if you think she would have had fun.

How old is your DD? Ours is currently 11 and not coming on this trip but will be coming with us on the December 2020 trip and possibly the December 2019 trip. Not 100% sure yet but I will be keeping an eye out the appropriateness for her.

Looking forward to your review. I'm in Phoenix also, and I have not pulled the trigger on one of the Long Beach trips yet because 1. No Balconies and I am not paying for a suite for such a short trip and 2. Not really sure I want to sail to a couple of places in Mexico I would not otherwise choose to visit for the sake of a massive drunk fest. 3. Oh and 3, not sure I want to expose my kid to that. As you are experiencing the cruise, do me a favor and tell me if you would have felt comfortable bringing your daughter and if you think she would have had fun.

Sounds like you might want to look at a Splendor sailing. Plenty of balconies and the ports are nice. Cabo can be a drunk fest, but it was fine in April.

I share your concerns, except for number 3. Our DDs are older and will be home! My DH and I have been on 10 cruises in all. Since we live in Phoenix, we figure this is just a QUICK vacay. Time away from work and home! We usually book balcony staterooms too but yes, the price on this ship doesn't make sense. We have an ocean view room. As far as Ensenada, we are NOT, I repeat, NOT getting off the ship. We will enjoy a nice lounge chair by the pool and the luxury of less passengers. Honestly, if you're expectation is R & R, I think this could be an option.

I'm looking forward to SonoranDevils review upon his return. He seems to have a positive vibe and wants a relaxing, fun little trip!

Forgot to mention, yes, if my DDs were younger and sailing with us, I would be concerned too. Probably wouldn't book. We are going in September right after Labor Day, so hoping less partying due to school, college, etc. are back in session. I'm sure there still will be some🙄😧

Edited by AZcruisegirl

Honestly, if you're expectation is R & R, I think this could be an option.

I'm looking forward to SonoranDevils review upon his return. He seems to have a positive vibe and wants a relaxing, fun little trip!

Well he's fooled you! :')

Like my DH said in the beginning, this trip checked off the right boxes for what we "needed" at this time. I didn't want to fly at all which left driving and I didn't want to drive more than 5 hours. I also wanted ocean. I'm a New Englander originally and occasionally need my salt air fix. That left us with Rocky Point, San Diego or this. Rocky Point didn't have enough to do. San Diego was more than I wanted to spend, so here we are.

We are doing a winery tour in Ensenada, hopefully getting a taco and then getting back on the boat. When we return on the Panorma next year, we may not even get off the boat. It all depends on what we see this time around.

Cute couple! Looking forward to the rest of your review!

She definitely shoulders the responsibility for all of the "cute" in the couple. I simply bring a solid bug killing and jar opening skill set to the union.

2 More Days!!!!!

Today is our last day of preparation! All of the laundry is done and it's time to stuff everything in our luggage. We're checked in, boarding documents are printed and passports are ready to go.

20180727_155848_zpsa7tcw5yd_edit_1532732610457_zpsphwwajkz.jpg

Even though we have the Cheers package, we're carrying on a bottle of wine each. Just in case we find ourselves in the cabin, not wanting to venture out to a bar. If we don't open them, we will just bring them back home with us.

20180727_155623_zpsc2uidf0n.jpg

The Lozen is a red blend from a local Arizona winery, Arizona Stronghold. Their wines can be found in some stores, mostly regional, but this blend can only be purchased at their winery. So, if you ever find yourself in Cottonwood, AZ and you enjoy wine, pick up a bottle (or case). You won't be disappointed. The If You See Kay (sound it out) is one of our go to house wines. It's also a red blend. My wife and I enjoy wine.

More updates tomorrow as we set out for Sky Harbor Airport, I-10 and sunny Southern California!

Today is our last day of preparation! All of the laundry is done and it's time to stuff everything in our luggage. We're checked in, boarding documents are printed and passports are ready to go.

20180727_155848_zpsa7tcw5yd_edit_1532732610457_zpsphwwajkz.jpg

Even though we have the Cheers package, we're carrying on a bottle of wine each. Just in case we find ourselves in the cabin, not wanting to venture out to a bar. If we don't open them, we will just bring them back home with us.

20180727_155623_zpsc2uidf0n.jpg

The Lozen is a red blend from a local Arizona winery, Arizona Stronghold. Their wines can be found in some stores, mostly regional, but this blend can only be purchased at their winery. So, if you ever find yourself in Cottonwood, AZ and you enjoy wine, pick up a bottle (or case). You won't be disappointed. The If You See Kay (sound it out) is one of our go to house wines. It's also a red blend. My wife and I enjoy wine.

More updates tomorrow as we set out for Sky Harbor Airport, I-10 and sunny Southern California!

If You See Kay is one of my favorites. So is 14 hands Hot to Trot.

Day Before Embarkation

Today was put the offspring on a plane by herself day. I have to admit, I'm extremely proud of the kiddo. I was waiting for her to get to the gate and chicken out. But, she handled it much better than Mom and Dad did.

20180728_104225_zpsf9wern8k.jpg

She marched right down the jetway, confidently turning for a wave goodbye!

20180728_115918_zpsw7gffnsw.jpg

After her plane was in the air, we high tailed it to the garage to make our way to Seal Beach, where we would be staying the night.

For those who have never made the drive from Phoenix to the L.A. area, it is perhaps the ugliest road trip any person could take. You won't find this stretch of I-10 on any postcards, that's for sure. But we made the trek with no incident.

As previously mentioned, we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Seal Beach. The hotel mainly serves as a temporary home for those visiting either the Naval Weapons Base or nearby Leisure World. So far it seems fairly safe, clean and quiet. Hampton Inns are part of the Hilton brand, and usually deliver on a quality, budget friendly experience.

This location has decent nearby food options, from steakhouses to a Subway right across the parking lot. Target is just down the road a mile or so.

It has been a long day and we're excited for sail away day tomorrow. It's an early to best night. Next up, embarkation!

Well, we are on board! Embarkation was a breeze! I'll provide the actual review once we return. For now, here are a couple of shots from today. Adios amigos!

20180729_111125_zpsz6bbz6fg.jpg

Inside the newly remodeled terminal

20180729_113942_zps2xzsppa8.jpg

People watching on the Lido is always fun!

My wife and I will be driving to Long Beach from Scottsdale in a little over a month for our third Catalina/Ensenada run (this time a repeat voyage aboard the Inspiration). To anyone worried about drunken debauchery: every cruise is different because it's always different people, but I'd have no problems taking a child or teenager aboard either the Inspiration or Imagination for these cruises.