Is this a new promotion from Princess for Alaska cruise / cruisetours?

voljeep

Is this offer from princess? Does anyone know if this is still good? I booked a balcony with the landmark sale but this would be a better deal.
My offer was a 48hr deal through the TA but seems similar to the one others are discussing. However only a cruise. Would love to get same perks on a cruisetour. Wasn't available when I asked. But maybe TA wanted to push their deal.

Well... There you go. Just booked. 15 day connoisseur cruise tour. Visits both Copper River and Kenai (2 brutal travel days. Ouch) $200 OBC each. Free gratuities. Free specialty dining. $50 each Cruisetour Cash (land money voucher). Used our last FCDs. Now we have 4 cruises booked. Will need to purchase more FCD on our cruise this November.

We've actually visited Copper River Lodge but it was last year when we did a 7 week camping trip. It was a day of drizzling rain and we just left camp for a while and headed over to check out the lodge. Had Irish Coffee. Then we had lunch. Then we had more Irish Coffee while sitting on the couch near the big fireplace. We read and enjoyed the fire for maybe an hour and a half. It was quite relaxing and beat a rainy day in camp. It will be nice to actually stay there this time.

The typical excursions are included in Fairbanks and at Denali Lodge but any excursions at Copper River or Kenai will have to be booked separately. Not a problem. We've visited Kenai park (again, during the 7 week camping trip) but will definitely be looking for a nice excursion at Copper River Lodge. It's going to be a great trip. Now to go find the Roll Call. :D

I hope you have better luck finding a roll call for your cruise/tour than I did trying to find one for mine.

Thrak - we finally went with a Fore Balcony - OV would be a minimum for us and available location compared to price difference decided it for us.

We got S&S, Free Gratuities, Specialty Restaurant and $100 OBC pp !

Our Search for the Northern Lights cruise was available with the Sip and Sail. The problem was that I had booked well in advance and when they started the Sip and Sail they raised the prices way higher. The said I would have to re-fare at the new rate and it was $1,000 ($500 per person) more for the exact same balcony I had already booked. I actually canceled the balcony and dropped down to a Premium Ocean View. I'm hoping to move it to the 3 for Free in a few days. I just have to wait and see how the pricing goes. Since they already raised prices through the roof for the S&S I'm hoping they won't raise them even further.

With the Connoisseur Cruise Tour I went cheap and booked an inside. (Those Connoisseur Tours aren't super cheap to begin with.) We will spend our viewing time on public decks. It's not as if we haven't sailed Alaska a couple times before. I've actually booked inside cabins a number of times but only sailed in one once - on our first cruise which was a 10 day SF/Alaska round trip out of SF. The other times I've either received a free upgrade or else been offered very nice upsell opportunities which I accepted. This cruise "may" be our second time in an inside but, then again, we may get a good upsell offer. :)

I actually canceled the balcony and dropped down to a Premium Ocean View. I'm hoping to move it to the 3 for Free in a few days.

So you gave up cheaper fare to get S&S in a lower cabin ? But are prepared to give up S&S if 3 for Free gives a lower price ? Would you be adding S&S to 3 for Free ? If so why not stay with original lower fare and see if 3 for free is lower still ?

Just trying to follow your logic - I love playing pricing games :-)

BTW I think you should book a cruise as soon as you become seriously interested and watch prices.

So you gave up cheaper fare to get S&S in a lower cabin ? But are prepared to give up S&S if 3 for Free gives a lower price ? Would you be adding S&S to 3 for Free ? If so why not stay with original lower fare and see if 3 for free is lower still ?

Just trying to follow your logic - I love playing pricing games :-)

BTW I think you should book a cruise as soon as you become seriously interested and watch prices.

No. There is no S&S with the Premium Ocean View. I was just peeved at their price hike and, since I couldn't get the S&S booked the other cabin. Even at the new rates it was a great deal less than the Balcony I had booked originally. (It isn't a cheap cruise to begin with.) I'm just hoping to move it to the 3 For Free since it was booked under their "new" pricing.

We usually book as soon as we are interested and watch as prices go up and up. The last Sip and Sail worked well for us as that's what happened. We booked immediately, got the promo, and then they raised the price. We got a great deal on two cruises that way. We took a connoisseur cruse tour to Alaska in 2016 that we booked the morning it became available. The price went up and up and up after that. It seems that we generally get a good price when we book right away.

No. There is no S&S with the Premium Ocean View. I was just peeved at their price hike and, since I couldn't get the S&S booked the other cabin. Even at the new rates it was a great deal less than the Balcony I had booked originally. (It isn't a cheap cruise to begin with.) I'm just hoping to move it to the 3 For Free since it was booked under their "new" pricing.

We usually book as soon as we are interested and watch as prices go up and up. The last Sip and Sail worked well for us as that's what happened. We booked immediately, got the promo, and then they raised the price. We got a great deal on two cruises that way. We took a connoisseur cruse tour to Alaska in 2016 that we booked the morning it became available. The price went up and up and up after that. It seems that we generally get a good price when we book right away.

How do you know when a cruise will become available? Are these published or revolving dates.

FWIW the 3forFree flyer fine print says the promo excludes select categories like suites and premium categories. Remains to be seen if premium oceanview is an exclusion

GAH!!! I certainly hope that the cabin is included.

FWIW the 3forFree flyer fine print says the promo excludes select categories like suites and premium categories. Remains to be seen if premium oceanview is an exclusion

I just looked at the wording. Only the cabin upgrade is restricted. I don't need a new cabin. I just want the other perks. Should be fine.