MSC Seaview Yacht Club Videos

Norwegian Cruiser 73

Good evening from Norway,

We have just returned home from an amazing cruise in the MSC Yacht Club onboard the MSC Seaview and we loved the experience. This was our 9th cruise in the Yacht Club and the this was the best YC experience so far, mostly because of the ship itself. The intimacy of the Fantasia Class may be gone but the two deck Top Sail Longe and Restaurant solution is spectacular. In addition there is a outdoor seating area outside the lounge with spectacular views. The One Pool deck is in it's class of its own with it's large bar and grill area as well as lots of seating, also in the shade. The food was great and the lunch options outstanding, no need to leave the YC area for lunch in the main buffet. Noticeably more kids in the YC but that's due to the holiday season in Southern Europe. The crew was very experienced, mostly from the Meraviglia and offered the very best in service. Here are a few videos from the YC onboard, more to come :)

The Top Sail Lounge and YC restaurant:

X4eaCVFVF3M

A part of The One Pool Deck:

KFGAqi3qxBM

Our cabin, a Yacht Club Deluxe Cabin:

G0F8-gGxK10

Thank you for watching :)

Well ... you've answered the question I asked on Fostelo's thread. :) Hopefully my internet connection will allow me to view your videos as I've been having serious problems with it lately.

I've been (impatiently) waiting for you to upload them - thanks a mil for taking the time and trouble.

Finally got the videos to play this morning (with just a little buffering). Of course, I had already seen the cabin one ;p

I had reservations (still have, really) about the restaurant/Top Sail Lounge set-up (it still puts me in mind of an airport terminal) but it looks very impressive, nonetheless. I think I'd prefer if the seating in the restaurant beside the window was laid out like on Fantasia class instead of with one seat facing out and the other into the restaurant so that only one person at a 2-top can look outwards. I reckon there isn't the space for that set-up, though.

I had reservations (still have, really) about the restaurant/Top Sail Lounge set-up (it still puts me in mind of an airport terminal) but it looks very impressive, nonetheless. I think I'd prefer if the seating in the restaurant beside the window was laid out like on Fantasia class instead of with one seat facing out and the other into the restaurant so that only one person at a 2-top can look outwards. I reckon there isn't the space for that set-up, though.

NC 73: Thanks for the videos. Brings back memories of Seaside and makes me look forward to my next one!

Bea: Life is frequently divided into "it works" or "this just doesn't work".

The Top Sail/Restaurant set-up really works! The noise level in the restaurant is shockingly good - no need to scream and the views wherever you look during the day are marvelous.

I liked the life and energy in the lounge and it's terrific to go out and have a drink on the terrace.

Those maroon (on Seaside) sofas, however, gotta' go.....

NC 73: Thanks for the videos. Brings back memories of Seaside and makes me look forward to my next one!

Bea: Life is frequently divided into "it works" or "this just doesn't work".

The Top Sail/Restaurant set-up really works! The noise level in the restaurant is shockingly good - no need to scream and the views wherever you look during the day are marvelous.

I liked the life and energy in the lounge and it's terrific to go out and have a drink on the terrace.

Those maroon (on Seaside) sofas, however, gotta' go.....

Thanks Dr C ... I haven't read a bad review, yet, of the set-up and am really looking forward to experiencing it next year, when we join NC and his better half on Seaview for their second cruise onboard. It'll be a nice change from most of the rest of the fleet which are more similar than different (though I didn't like Meraviglia's layout except for the YC - I loved the fact that the restaurant is inside the enclave).

Thanks Dr C ... I haven't read a bad review, yet, of the set-up and am really looking forward to experiencing it next year, when we join NC and his better half on Seaview for their second cruise onboard. It'll be a nice change from most of the rest of the fleet which are more similar than different (though I didn't like Meraviglia's layout except for the YC - I loved the fact that the restaurant is inside the enclave).

I'm booked on numerous Seaside YC's over the next year and am also booked on Meraviglia just for something different. Likely "one and done" but still going in with a positive attitude!

When are you on Meraviglia? We're booked out of New York on Oct 18th.

(We also have an upcoming Adriatic Sea in 5 weeks on Poesia, then for 2019: Armonia in Jan from Miami, taking in Cuba, before Seaview in Aug and finally, Meraviglia, so fairly booked up for the foreseeable future!)

When are you on Meraviglia? We're booked out of New York on Oct 18th.

(We also have an upcoming Adriatic Sea in 5 weeks on Poesia, then for 2019: Armonia in Jan from Miami, taking in Cuba, before Seaview in Aug and finally, Meraviglia, so fairly booked up for the foreseeable future!)

Apologies to NC 73 - don't mean to hijack this thread!

Not on Meraviglia until she begins her Caribbean cruises schedule with the elusive (imaginary?) Ocean Cay.

Also trying Viking Ocean and returning to Celebrity after a 6 year absence (vowed never to return again) as they launch their own "ship within a ship" concept.

Thank you all very much for the nice feedback, I'm glad you liked my videos.

Here are some photos from the YC onboard the MSC Seaview. For those of you who are familiar with the YC onboard the Fantasia and Meraviglia Class you can see that the YC on the Seaside Class is totally different. The best improvement is the One Pool Deck in my opinion. It's spectacular. In a way I do miss the intimacy of the Top Sail Lounge on the Fantasia Class. But hey, you can't get it all. We had our black card dinner in the Asian Fusion Restaurant on deck 16. Set menu. Outstanding food and service. One advantage is that all speciality restaurants are located on deck 16 just aft of the YC. Bea, can't wait to sail with you on this very special ship. c010c640b51abc2dc9cdbd47b4c3437e.jpgba6339a278354460dec03e3b904356bf.jpg097d410b73e16e7db4293341c1d3a8c7.jpgb614c187bea72ee379b1884e571035ca.jpg430fa3290999f71bbc95cd91d136671e.jpg47a4333e75a888e5f88f88d87217aa13.jpg

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

More photos from the YC onboard the MSC Seaview. Note the nice interior details. Note the fantastic view from the outdoor area in front of the Top Sail Lounge. There is quite a long hallway from the concierge to the Top Sail Lounge on deck 16. Cabins on both sides. 6bc1a1895c393e598cb066b0f693880f.jpg55cb7def9ba8d1d62f45aeb94613ce7e.jpg9e9d279375299c460b9f7041ce6c1182.jpg400c7b246fec68abd34a7c4e21d01ca8.jpg583c0022c1a128bf1afc3655f8bde3e1.jpg22e01411b3982fec9e4da06e27c1e8af.jpg

Here are some examples of menus and photos the food served in the Yacht Club Restaurant onboard the MSC Seaview. One evening we requested a traditional spaghetti bolognese as we haven't seen in in the menu. Our request was accommodated with the very best bolognese. Kudos to the chef [emoji106]e2358f4b402666bb2e86e954fc643bd8.jpg1f602d6f80b82e636a5f828eefe0834d.jpgf210d3741431656caa1c642e3782ca21.jpga91061c996a439f74a097997cbfa04a6.jpg0d6939ea6db0922f0a553589d9fa1ba6.jpg6c1e7dee2af38ac94020cbef399ec588.jpg

One evening we requested a traditional spaghetti bolognese as we haven't seen in in the menu. Our request was accommodated with the very best bolognese. Kudos to the chef [emoji106]Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

DH will be thrilled with this ... he loves the spaghetti bolognese on MSC.

Did you change your phone? IIRC you had the same one as mine last year. :confused:

Thanks for the videos. They are adding to my excitement for our trip aboard the Seaview. We set sail in just about five weeks. From the videos it appears very quiet in the Top Sail Lounge. Was it typically like this or was it just the time of day that you took the videos? Thanks

Thanks for the videos. They are adding to my excitement for our trip aboard the Seaview. We set sail in just about five weeks. From the videos it appears very quiet in the Top Sail Lounge. Was it typically like this or was it just the time of day that you took the videos? Thanks

Thank you for the nice feedback. You are in for a great experience on the MSC Seaview. We had a wonderful cruise and have already booked the ship for our next cruise too. Regarding the Top Sail Lounge, it is usually quiet to very quiet, I have never experienced it very busy except for the Captains Cocktail. There is plenty space and the lounge is very relaxing. Now, with the restaurant upstairs there is always something going on.

Enjoy your cruise :)