Rome in Limo and Joe Banana

JT888

Has anyone used both Rome in Limo and Joe Banana before? What are the differences? Pros and Cons? I got different pricing quotes and I was wondering how I should consider one over the other? The quotes are for Rome and Pisa/Florence. Thanks in advance for the comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Ive used both. Its like comparing NCL to Carnival.. haha. They are both so similar. In fact, when I used Joe Bananas/Italy Tour Sharing, The driver used to work for Rome in Limo. Honestly, you can not go wrong with either. I have stuck to Joe Banana/ Italytoursharing.com the last several years but they are both good.

I can't speak highly enough about Joe Banana. We booked tours in Rome, Naples, and Spezia (others in our group). Each driver was very professional, funny, helpful, and just all around great. Vans are very nice/AC/safe. They wear suits and cater to your needs. I know it is prob not the norm, but our driver in Rome took us to see things we had no idea we could even squeeze in. (Castel Gandolfo, McDonalds with the Apian way below, Aventine Keyhole...etc. You may not get so lucky but we will always book with them in the future. Heck our Rome driver even helped us up 4 flights of stairs with our luggage at our AirBNB at the end of the day. ;-)

I haven't used Joe Banana but have toured with RIL several times and I wouldn't use anyone else. They did everything in a classy way and we still talk about those tours today. We did a tour up in Florence with them and when the driver showed up right on time I told him my wife wasn't feeling well and couldn't go. Guess what they did? They sent a car over later in the day to check and see if she was feeling better and wanted a tour. There a a lot of interesting place to see too. Best tours we've ever done.

You're going to get partisans of both agencies here, but few who have taken both and can really compare. I'd take the word of b_cruise carefully, who HAS used both and says there's little difference.

Both are clearly well reviewed and would be good choices. I'd go with whichever one works best for you in terms of budget, communication, etc.

No experience with Joe Banana but I’d never switch from Romeinlimo-have used them for so many years and cities with outstanding results, most recently in April and May. As many times as we have been to Italy, they always give us the very best of themselves

Be sure when you're getting price quotes that you understand the difference between driver and guide. They are not the same, and the driver, while perhaps knowing quite a bit about a place, will not be as thoroughly knowledgeable or even able to go with you into locations.

Maybe you already know this. If so, maybe this will help someone down the line.

We've used Joe Bananas, with just a driver, and with driver/guide. Both were very good.