Switching passengers around for FCD OBC

hawkeyetlse

I am currently booked as guest #3 in a cabin for an upcoming cruise. Only one of the main guests had a future cruise deposit to use. I have one, but since upper berth guests don't get the OBC, I didn't bother applying it. But now I'm thinking that we should have switched the order of the passengers around so that the two of us with FCDs could use them and get the $100 OBC each.

We are well past final payment, so does anyone know if it's even possible to change things at this point? (I know we would have to go through our TA, but I won't waste his time if there's no point.)

The current guests #1 and #2 are Elite; I am not. Would moving one of them to the #3 spot affect their Elite benefits in any way?

If it was me I wouldn’t even bother trying for $100 unless you weren’t planning on cruising again. I’d save the FCD until you book your next cruise as it may be more trouble than it’s worth.

Sorry it’s just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is too late. It is after payment so you would have an overpayment by applying the $100 FCC. You should have thought of this before final payment. Even if they allow it, it would involve a TA spending too much time on the phone that would not justify the benefits of getting the OBC and I don't think they will allow it.

Elite doesn't play a role at all in this.

I wouldn't bother at this point. I just went through this on one of our bookings (and we were well before final payment) and it was kind of a big hassle.

We were also three passengers in the cabin. I was number one, dad was number two, and my aunt was number three. Number three wanted to use a FCD, and I was out of FCD's. It would seem pretty simple to switch one and three, but it wasn't. Because we had booked with non-refundable deposits, our "simple change" incurred a $67.00 change fee. I was able to get the fee removed, but I had to call Princess back, and wait on hold for 45 minutes, while the rep contacted the correct department to remove the fee. Luckily I noticed the charge right away and that it was fixable.

Since you are past final payment, I seriously doubt that you would be able to change anything. Also, the rep told me that if airfare, pre-paid shore excursions, pre-paid gratuities, special promotions, etc., are involved, then they all have to be moved too. She said it's a nightmare and that there are almost always problems. I personally wouldn't chance it at this point.

Thank you all for your input. There is also airfare involved for pax 1 and 2, and a free gratuities promo, so I'm just going to drop it. I doubt I will be able to squeeze in another Princess cruise before my FCD expires, but no big deal. And I'll buy another one on my upcoming cruise, because why not? Live and hope. :)

Happy cruising, everyone!

I doubt I will be able to squeeze in another Princess cruise before my FCD expires

you don't have to cruise before it expires, you just have to book a cruise before it expires. happy planning!