Ocean view upgrade for first time on Horizon - is it worth it?

gardn198

Hi everyone!

I will be sailing my 3rd cruise on the Carnival Horizon 2/23/18. I have always had interior cabins with 3 girls total which has always worked out fine if not a bit cramped, but was always an adventure! I kind of like sleeping in the pitch black? But I just did a price check and was able to upgrade our sideways cabin 14227 (was kinda looking forward to seeing what it looked like!) to Ocean View walkway cabin 14203 for only $250 each.

Do you think it's worth it? The view is forward which is pretty cool. And its at the bow of the ship so I don't think we'll get much noise or passersby on the walkway? Any tips?

I think 250 is a lot to upgrade to an ocean view, for the amount of time I know I spend personally in my room, but everyone is different! That $250 can be used towards cheers or drinks onboard, signature dining, or excursions (again, that’s how I look at it)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a forward facing cabin on Celebrity Eclipse, 2 decks below the bridge. The view was the same as the captains but our window angled outwards making looking out of it hard as we kept bumping out head on the ceiling bit at the window. If you want to upgrade go for it but we wouldn’t book that cabin again because of the angled window, which is a shame as the cabin was longer because of the shape of the window.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a huge difference. Have you checked prices for Ocean View cabins on your sailing?

Not knowing very many facts I would probably decline.

It's a spa cabin, so was our original interior. Not sure if that makes a difference!

Okay,,, $500 for a window? again no way

Then again, why ask us if something is "Worth It"?

How are complete strangers supposed to guess at your value system and decide if something is "worth It" to you.

Maybe your financial situation allows you to feel that $1000 would have been a deal. While someone elses situations would only allow a window if it was free.

"Worth it" is completely objective, but if you want to know if it's a good deal or not, you need to do a mock booking to book the cabin they are offering you in order to see what the current total price is for both of you. Then subtract the total price you paid for the room you in now. If the difference is more than the $500 total they they are offering you for the upsell, then technically it's a good deal before you would be saving money (though it depends on how much; $5 wouldn't be much of a savings).