Norwegian Spirit August 9th. anyone have experience with Viator tours?

I have been on 15 cruises and have used VIATOR numerous times, It is usually much cheaper and the tours are small and more intimate. My wife and I have had our best excursion experiences on Viator. When you use them from a cruise ship make sure you only take the tours that are designed for cruises. In your case type in Livorno Cruise Port and the good news is....the tour you're looking for is there! with all of Viators CRUISE TOURS you will see the disclaimer: Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Livorno Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details

Read more about Cinque Terre Fullday from Livorno Cruise Port 2018 at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Livorno/Cinque-Terre-Fullday-from-Livorno-Cruise-Port/d22138-21340P140?pub=vcps

Viator is a third party so contracts with local companies

You would be better contacting local companies directly for better pricing

If you head over to the Europe ports of call forum you will find lots of recommended companies including Rome in limo Rome cabs joe banana taxis etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the livorno tour the guided Cinque terre tour is not listed on NCL. only the on your own one. Viator has one . I am worried about making it back to ship. Does anyone have experience with Viator?

I wouldn’t do a cinque terre tour from Livorno as it’s a couple of hours away. That’s why the cruise ships don’t offer it. A couple of hours in cinque terre won’t allow you to see much. I suggest a tour to Lucca and Pisa instead.

I spent 4 days in cinque terre last September pre-cruise and trained to Civitavecchia.

I wouldn’t do a cinque terre tour from Livorno as it’s a couple of hours away. That’s why the cruise ships don’t offer it. A couple of hours in cinque terre won’t allow you to see much. I suggest a tour to Lucca and Pisa instead.

I spent 4 days in cinque terre last September pre-cruise and trained to Civitavecchia.

We've taken this long all-day excursion twice with NCL. It's a bus/ferry/train kind of thing but there is time for lunch, some shopping, and sight-seeing. We, too, have spent time there on a land-based vacation, but don't balk at going with friends and family from a cruise ship. It's a highlight!

For the livorno tour the guided Cinque terre tour is not listed on NCL. only the on your own one. Viator has one . I am worried about making it back to ship. Does anyone have experience with Viator?

Viator is NOT the vendor. They are simply a booking agent who sells tours based on commissions. You are FAR better off, going DIRECT to a vendor that has a track record of being in business for some time with numerous positive reviews. I never recommend useing booking agents. I am VERY picky about my tour selections. You can get information from the Port of Call Europe page, which is grossly superior to this page.

Viator is NOT the vendor. They are simply a booking agent who sells tours based on commissions. You are FAR better off, going DIRECT to a vendor that has a track record of being in business for some time with numerous positive reviews. I never recommend useing booking agents. I am VERY picky about my tour selections. You can get information from the Port of Call Europe page, which is grossly superior to this page.

Budget Queen,

Saying as you do with absolute certainty that the only way to go is DIRECT to Vendors versus Viator is easy for you, an experienced tour shorex explorer. I have been booking private tours for over ten years, working my butt off at times to get to 10 people to get the best price, have had people bail out on me at last minute, etc.,etc.. In India last Winter, a private tour company that had rave reviews was terrible.. And I have used Viator many times as well, it is simple, direct and have always had good to excellent tours, on time and extremely mindful of getting back to the ship at least one hour ahead of departure.

No one way is best for every port !