Pre-order sodas and water questions

Maplemoose

If we pre-order soda and water on the Horizon, does that price equal what we would pay if we bought it at the shops? Also, is it kept refrigerated in the shops and delivered cold. The mini fridge is empty, right? No more mini-bar? Would they put it in the fridge or maybe that depends on the employee? Any info appreciated. Thank you in advance.

We've pre-ordered water on our last two cruises. Once it was waiting for us when we arrived and was chilled, the other time it was delivered about an hour or two after we boarded but before we sailed, and was room temperature. Both times it was left on the counter above the mini fridge. I doubt they'd unpack it and put it in the fridge due to the time factor involved with getting so many rooms ready.

Carnival Legend September 2018, personal size water was pre ordered and waiting on the desk area (warm).

Splendor on May 2018, again personal size water was pre ordered, and delivered just after Muster....again warm temp.

Our water and soda was always delivered warm and was placed on the counter. Buckets of ice were always provided upon request. I believe that water doesn't incur a delivery fee if ordered ahead of time but it might if ordered through room service.

We've had the same experience, delivered water room temp, was in room when we got there a few times, was there after muster a few times. Ask for an ice bucket, and you will receive.

Better yet bring a small cooler or cooler bag and ask your steward to keep it iced up. Then keep that in your shower in case it leaks. That's what we do.

Also, we've preordered, and also done room service. Difference is the delivery charge. I tip more than a dollar if room service lugs a 12 pack to my cabin.

That's my two cents worth.

Another one for water delivered warm.

I will leave the wooden door open that houses the fridge while I am gone from the room and put everything inside the fridge. Gives it plenty of time and air circulation to make the fridge cold. Then once I get back, it is usually ok to shut the door as the cold air is now sealed inside.

With the FunShops soda the pre-ordered 6 pack is at a savings, about $1.67/can (+ sales tax) vs the room service bar menu price of $1.95/can + 15% auto gratuity. These are also delivered at room temp, but so are the ones kept at the bars on board.

If ordering the soda liquor mixer set you get even more of a discount per can when compared to just the price of the liquor bottle.

I keep seeing room service mentioned. Isn't it possible to buy water/soda in the shops and take it to your cabin yourself?

Not sure about that, but I do know it's the same price now as if you preordered. It used to be more expensive if you waited, but not any longer. Theres even a little note about it online when you order from the funshops. We order starter water and add as we go if needed.

I keep seeing room service mentioned. Isn't it possible to buy water/soda in the shops and take it to your cabin yourself?

There are no shops on board where you can purchase water/soda. You can only purchase single bottles of water or cans of soda at the bars. The prices there are higher than if you pre-order. They are significantly higher than if you carry on your own soda.

We ordered water ahead of time on our last two cruises. Each time it was in our stateroom but not in the refrigerator when we got to the room. We put the case into the refrigerator and chilled the water w/o a problem. It was cheaper than buying it once on the ship but I don't remember by how much.

The convenience factor of having it in the stateroom is nice.

Hopefully this helps

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/SP4/bottled-water-sm-bottles-12-pack

We order a starter amount ahead of time, have ready when arrive, then order as we go. I told the room steward we needed another 12 pack and we had it waiting for us in the room that night. Same charge as we had paid ahead of time for the first 12 pack and no room service fee.

If we pre-order soda and water on the Horizon, does that price equal what we would pay if we bought it at the shops? Also, is it kept refrigerated in the shops and delivered cold. The mini fridge is empty, right? No more mini-bar? Would they put it in the fridge or maybe that depends on the employee? Any info appreciated. Thank you in advance.

They charge a delivery charge and it will be on the desk.

FROM THE CARNIVAL WEBSITE (AND WAS ENFORCED ON OUR CRUISE) :

Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.**A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage).**A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.**Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Delivery charge? Plus tip? So what is the real cost?

We sailed on the 19th and did not have a delivery charge or tip added. We paid 4.50 for a 12 pack of water. We just told the room steward and the bottles were there when we cam back that night. I just double checked my bill. No extra charge.

Delivery charge? Plus tip? So what is the real cost?

It's one or the other- order from Fun Shops and you pay a delivery charge, order from room service and pay a gratuity. It's the same amount in either case. If I remember correctly water does not incur a delivery fee through the Fun Shops.