Self service laundry on splendor?

gr8tfulscott

We did during our 7 day. You use your sign and sail card, $3/wash or dry. Wash cycle is about 30 minutes. Dry is 45 mins. Plan accordingly because there are a lot of cruisers who forget that they are doing laundry and left their clothes in the machines. Pissed my hubby off. (LOL)

BTW, he brought his laptop with movies to keep him company.

• 4 weeks later...
We did during our 7 day. You use your sign and sail card, $3/wash or dry. Wash cycle is about 30 minutes. Dry is 45 mins. Plan accordingly because there are a lot of cruisers who forget that they are doing laundry and left their clothes in the machines. Pissed my hubby off. (LOL)

BTW, he brought his laptop with movies to keep him company.

Not only that, but I saw several instances where someone would come into the launderette and check to see if a dryer was in operation by opening the door and stopping it. They would then leave without restarting the machine. Folks would come in PO'd because there clothes were not dry and had to fork out another $3 to restart. (and, yes, I did restart machines that I could) Or, those same folks would move those clothes to a dryer that was out of service.

I also saw several instances where folks moved someone else's clothes out of the washer to a dryer or on top of another washer.

Personally, I park myself in front of the machine until done, as I don't trust anyone based on what I've seen people do.

I had to wait till I saw my hubby at home to ask him if there was a chair in the laundry room. On the Splendor back in July 7th cruise, he said there are no chairs in the deck 2 laundry area. Maybe Carnival finally placed a chair there for the laundry users? But there were no chairs at that time. My hubby had to watch his movies standing up next to the washer, his laptop on the machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Splendor. Laundry on Deck 2 no chairs 3 washers 4 dryers use sail card to activate, would not read our cards had to jiggle and manipulate card in reader multiple times to activate. Dryer long cycle. Iron on deck one, bring water for steam. Hooks to hang ironing.

do they at least have a chair to sit in while waiting for your clothes to wash and dry? Sounds good taking some quiet time with a book while doing laundry.

I typically sit on top of the washer that I'm using. Not been on the Vista but haven't ever had a chair in the laundry room on any other ship I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what decks the have the self-service laundry?

Mike

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7339

Lido Deck 9 - forward / across from 9270

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1425

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6391

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8381

Thanks teknoge3K. We will be just down the hall from one of them

Mike

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, teknoge3k said:

THANK YOU for this information. I plan to cruise on the splendour in November 2020, in an Spa Obstructed Oceanview, so Both Lido and Empress will be very convenient for me!

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, obrep said:

Just off the Splendor. Laundry on Deck 2 no chairs 3 washers 4 dryers use sail card to activate, would not read our cards had to jiggle and manipulate card in reader multiple times to activate. Dryer long cycle. Iron on deck one, bring water for steam. Hooks to hang ironing.

THANK YOU for this very specific explanation of how to activate the machines, and the costs involved. Great help with my budgeting for the cruise, and time planning aboard! I don't iron stuff-poor eyesight and terrified of hurting myself and losing my ability to live independently. Most of my clothes wash and either drip dry or go in the dryer.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, comiso13 said:

a couple of weeks off the Splendor.  I believe the laundry room on Deck 7 was open 24 hours.  It also had an iron.  Not sure I want to be doing laundry late at night, but nice to know it is available.

THANK YOU! It would be very helpful for me to be able to get up early and get medical stuff washed and dried. I will make sure I have a spare with me. And bring some packaged nibbles for the early morning. I checked the cost of 12 x 600ml bottles of Coke and Sprite-allowed here in Australia by Carnival Australia-and it's CHEAPER for me to buy through my Personaliser! AND  I  could buy 2 packs and have MORE soft drink than bringing it aboard!