Just off the Allure of the Seas feel free to ask questions

My thoughts, after reading the many posts before I set sail.

7 night eastern itinerary July 22nd - 29th St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee

Embarkation was a breeze got there at 10:30 and there were no lines. Was on the ship at 1130.

A lot of threads about dress code in the dinning rooms. I can tell you first hand that there are no dress codes wear whatever you would like including formal nights.

I think that it is a bit tacky that RCCL offers you as much steak and lobster as you would like in the dinning room but then sits out front of shows to charge you $2.50 for a box of popcorn. I mean really!

Ship was at capacity, 1800 kids were on board.

Formal nights were night 2 and 6.

Specialty dining was being offered for 50% off beginning on Wednesday night. The restaurants were empty all week.

Over all the ship was nice the crew were great and we had a fantastic time.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Hi the 50% off sounds interesting was it widely advertised or did you have to do some searching? Was it for all restaurants we are interested in Samba Grill, Chops Grille - we were going to book the bogo offer. Did you go on any organised excursions at the ports - we were thinking of the 6 hour boat ride and snorkel round the island at St Maartin. Is there a dedicated martini bar on board? What are your top 3 must do on Allure.

Thanks for any info.

Gill

Hi Gill,

Yes the discount was advertised. Not sure how often it happens but it could be because there were 1800 kids on board and the restaurants were empty every night. We did Chops, 150 and Giovanni's. I did do the beach and snorkel excursion through RCCL in St. Maarten that was excellent. I believe that it was 3 hours and it was perfect amount of time. The martini bar would be the champagne bar. You can get martinis at almost all of the bars. Hope that this helps feel free to ask anything else. Enjoy your trip it will be great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I think the $2.50 charge for popcorn is to make sure only people who really want it, get it. In other words, if it were free, you would have 1,000 people grabbing a popcorn and it may not be realistic from a logistical perspective.

Hi Gill,

Yes the discount was advertised. Not sure how often it happens but it could be because there were 1800 kids on board and the restaurants were empty every night. We did Chops, 150 and Giovanni's. I did do the beach and snorkel excursion through RCCL in St. Maarten that was excellent. I believe that it was 3 hours and it was perfect amount of time. The martini bar would be the champagne bar. You can get martinis at almost all of the bars. Hope that this helps feel free to ask anything else. Enjoy your trip it will be great.

Thanks for great info. What are your thoughts on Labadee - I have seen a couple of video clips and read several reviews about rocky beach under zip line, very crowded at Columbus cove and lots of comments about the market !! There are lots who say it is brilliant and others who would rather stay on the ship. I know everyone is different but just curious as to your view and what you did.

Thanks Gill

What time were you able to get off the ship in St Martin? The schedule says 8-5 in port. We are considering a 9:30 tour that has a very strict refund policy. Also, did you ever change your watches or was ship’s time the same as Ft. Lauderdale?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What time were you able to get off the ship in St Martin? The schedule says 8-5 in port. We are considering a 9:30 tour that has a very strict refund policy. Also, did you ever change your watches or was ship’s time the same as Ft. Lauderdale?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were the same able to get off the ship at 830. Our tour was at 930. We didn't need to change our watches.

I think the $2.50 charge for popcorn is to make sure only people who really want it, get it. In other words, if it were free, you would have 1,000 people grabbing a popcorn and it may not be realistic from a logistical perspective.

I believe a $1.00 charge would achieve the same result...

Thanks for great info. What are your thoughts on Labadee - I have seen a couple of video clips and read several reviews about rocky beach under zip line, very crowded at Columbus cove and lots of comments about the market !! There are lots who say it is brilliant and others who would rather stay on the ship. I know everyone is different but just curious as to your view and what you did.

Thanks Gill

we've been to Labadee twice and loved it. DH did the zipline the first time and then we went to the opposite side to the beach.

The second time we already had a kid so we did the beach time at the same place, which is the side opposite of the zipline, and loved it. So beautiful and the water was actually warn the second time.