Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale North Cruise Port

Hi everyone! I picked this hotel based on many recommendations from this site. Thank you for your input. We are looking at the current food options around this hotel and have a few questions I hope you can answer.

1. Does Hampton still provide fee ride to the area restaurants?
  2. Which restaurants have you tried and really like and which would you avoid?

I have looked at Hampton's website and looked at the surrounding area hotels and starting to read menus, reviews, etc. Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone! I picked this hotel based on many recommendations from this site. Thank you for your input. We are looking at the current food options around this hotel and have a few questions I hope you can answer.

1. Does Hampton still provide fee ride to the area restaurants?
  2. Which restaurants have you tried and really like and which would you avoid?

I have looked at Hampton's website and looked at the surrounding area hotels and starting to read menus, reviews, etc. Thanks for your help!

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn a few times. There are a number of restaurants (including fast food types) that are walkable (very close, no more than a 5 minute walk) from that Hampton Inn. Nothing fancy but reasonably priced. One of our favorites is Slackers Bar and Grill. Good bar food and atmosphere. Also a Publix Super market and a couple of liquor stores right there.

Stayed there in April. Nice hotel and very convenient location. It was clean and comfortable and had free breakfast. There is a shopping center across a little side street with a bunch of decent restaurants to eat at. We also ate at the sports bar and it was very good! The morning of the cruise, we opted not to take the shuttle. We ended up taking an Uber. It only cost $10. There were a large amount of people waiting for the shuttle, and although it seemed organized, it didn't seem like a lot of fun waiting in that crush of people. Instead we had a leisurely morning and left when we felt like it.

Stayed there a couple of years ago before cruise. When we were on the shuttle (which wasn't crowded at all) the lady insisted everyone should buy a return ticket then because there would be no shuttles at the port. This wasn't a hotel shuttle, just a "hired" one the hotel used. But this Hampton Inn is really a great place.

Your hotel is a five minute walk from Old Heidelberg. If you like German food (and beer), you have to give Old Heidelberg a try. Great Bavarian specialties (especially the duck and goose) and marvelous sausages. My wife and I think it is the best German restaurant in South Florida, the closest thing here to the German food we enjoyed many years ago in Wisconsin, where my wife's parents used to operate a summer camp.