Inconsiderate Cruisers

inforem

Agree that reading about inconsiderate people on a message board is not going to change the world. However, if it makes one person aware of the disruption that they or their children are causing and they change the behavior, it is worth the time that we take to post.

In terms of the "typo", when I read it, I knew that it was the computer deciding what word you supposedly meant to use. Unfortunately, my computer has come up with some pretty weird stuff.

In terms of this thread, just take from it what you wish or ignore the whole thing. Arguing with other posters is not going to change their feelings or yours (and I learned this from CC).

Typo. Deaf. And yes, she survived. Thanks for your concern.

You're welcome. Glad it was just a typo. However, since she seems so sensitive have you considered buying a pair of noise canceling headphones for her and perhaps a light canceling mask so she can sleep comfortable? Problem solved?

She was not sensitive. The entire cabin was giving this lady the "eyes." My point was, it was loud enough for my half deaf daughter to hear it. And yes, the entire cabin. We were in the back of first class and could see every passenger. The lady was oblivious. And it was not falling asleep as this was from the instant she turned it on. As I awoke first and was giving her a moment to rectify the situation as everyone has those "oh crap, how do I turn this thing off moments" nope. Not this lady. My daughter just beat me to the shoulder tap.

The flight attendant was no where to be found to deal with the situation.

The brightness of that ipad could have landed a plane.

She was not sensitive. The entire cabin was giving this lady the "eyes." My point was, it was loud enough for my half deaf daughter to hear it. And yes, the entire cabin. We were in the back of first class and could see every passenger. The lady was oblivious. And it was not falling asleep as this was from the instant she turned it on. As I awoke first and was giving her a moment to rectify the situation as everyone has those "oh crap, how do I turn this thing off moments" nope. Not this lady. My daughter just beat me to the shoulder tap.

The flight attendant was no where to be found to deal with the situation.

The brightness of that ipad could have landed a plane.

How did the lady respond to your daughter's "shoulder dap"? Did she turn it off or tell her something else?

How did the lady respond to your daughter's "shoulder dap"? Did she turn it off or tell her something else?
"Uhh, sorry". Dimmed the screen and plugged in earbuds/turned off volume. I don't know which because we couldnt hear anything after that.

Some people just dont have any situational awareness and have to be politely asked to do something. A small shoulder tap with a polite, "ma'am, can you please turn the brightness down and turn off the volume? Thank you." Is sufficient, especially if it is from a sweet faced 12 year old girl.

It is all about the tone and manner in which it is delivered. Especially, when it is readily apparent that the person is completely unaware of their behavior's affect on those around them. The affect being awakening their surrounding passengers.

This has been one of the more contentious threads I've seen in a while. We really haven't had any kid related issues on any of our cruises. If we ever do I hope we have the sense to deal with them politely. That may or may not work but my heart can't handle the alternative. Happy cruising, y'all.

Some people just dont have any situational awareness and have to be politely asked to do something. A small shoulder tap with a polite, "ma'am, can you please turn the brightness down and turn off the volume? Thank you." Is sufficient, especially if it is from a sweet faced 12 year old girl.

I applaud your daughter for bringing up the issue to the woman. Too many times people just sit and fume about issues, instead of politely addressing it. Even if the womanfell asleep and wasn't aware of the issue she was causing, I'd bet she wasappreciative that someone alerted her to the issue, because most people don't want to inconvience or disturb others, especially since yourdaughter did it quietly and didn't make a loud stink about it.

If that is how it went then I think that you are way out of line. It could very well have been that she dozed off and was embarrassed to have caused a problem. She corrected the situation without a problem. Had the flight attendants been there it should have been taken care of and your complaint should have been to their airline that their employees were sleeping on the job. It seems to me that YOU are the problem and trying to cause much more of a situation that was never there. Why do people like you persist to stir the pot and create problems that don't exist is beyond me.
Wow! Troll much?