Best time and day to do self laundry?

Produce123

hi there. Doing a 14 day cruise soon on the Breeze. Can anyone pass on tips or advice to what time of day is best to get it done? And is it safe to put in clothing, return in 30 minutes, put in dryer and then return about 30 minutes later? The laundry room look small to just sit there and wait. Thanks.

On the last sea day, I get up at my usual early pre-dawn time and start a load or two of wash. Then go get coffee. Come back from my first cup and move to drier. Then go get more coffee. Then return from that cup and fold. Then go get more coffee. see a pattern?

the difference between early morning and later is huge. The sleeper inners clog that place up in the afternoons. Coming home from vacation with just a little laundry to do is nice.

I didn't think the laundry opens until 6:30 or so as another person posted about pre-dawn use, but my best time is mid morning on a port day, late in the week.

I get free laundry, so many of my shorts, capris etc. can stand up to the harsh conditions of Carnivals service, so I'll send a bag of those out.

I have assembled kind of a cruise only wardrobe, so I don't need to do laundry as soon as I get home. It's just my sister and I so even when I get around to doing it at home it's only about 3 loads.

I can see how it would be much worse for a larger family.

An alternative to self laundry is doing the $15/bag specials that are offered on certain days. By letting the ship laundry take care of tees, briefs, shorts and sox, I can pack light, and don't have to wait around and kill a few hours at the tiny ships' laundry rooms. Nor do I have the worry about someone moving my clothing if I'm not there at the end of the machine's cycle. I also think the ship's machines are better sanitized with hotter water than the self serve ones that anyone can use with any temperature.

I do enough laundry at home. When I'm on vacation or cruising, doing laundry is like cooking my own meals or making the bed.......better to let someone else do it. JMO, YMMV. - Bob

I would say to get up VERY early (pre-sunrise) and you should be fine. That’s when I would do it, if I was planning on doing laundry, but I usually just wait until I’m home. With you being on a 14 day cruise, I can understand doing it, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do enough laundry at home. When I'm on vacation or cruising, doing laundry is like cooking my own meals or making the bed.......better to let someone else do it. JMO, YMMV. - Bob

LOL....I am with you completely.....I try to avoid doing laundry on vacation. However, to answer OP, avoid doing laundry on "Elegant" Night at any time of day, but for sure the afternoons. Other days, early in the day or later in the early evenings are best!!

And make sure if you plan on using the iron that you check the bottom of it first. I've seen some that looked like somebody ironed the bottom of a black tennis shoe.

Before ironing, use the iron on a towel.

Upon boarding, Day 1! LOL, it's true though!

Good time to iron anything wrinkled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every cruise I've been on, I've HAD to do laundry, as the husband or kids run out of clothes, no matter how much I pack.

I leave and come back, but anyways circle back every 30 minutes

This cruise, I decided it's not worth my time and I'm doing the laundry svc. It's $15 a bag.

When I figure in the actual cost plus my time doing it myself, I'd rather spend 15 bux and enjoy my cruise vacation. The one caveat, I would only send "play" clothes and socks and underwear, as the laundry service washes in hot temp, all together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Before you decide to do the $15 bag way, you should consider the cost and how much you have to do.

We had 4 ppl and 2 full kitchen size garbage bags of laundry. We did 5 days in NY and then the cruise. On the 2nd night we did our laundry since it was the midway pt of our total vacation. No one was there. We went in later at night, 9 I think, since there wasn’t going on that night we cared about. They did t have any posted times of when it was open, so you might be able to do it whenever. This was on the Horizon.

The cost was $3 per machine. Used 2 washers. Went to dry in 2 dryers and it didn’t dry in first attempt. Put in 3 dryers to make sure they dried. Total cost was $21 and 2 hrs of our time. If we used the $15 bags, it probably would have been 3 bags and cost $45.

Worth doing ourselves. Yes, but only because we had nothing else going on. If you can just use 1 bag, I would have them do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums