Carnival Beverage Policy / Dining Room & Buffet

4Cowboys4Life

Hello,

First time cruiser here. I know I can bring on 12 soda cans per person. I also understand that sodas aren't included in the standard package purchase price.

I understand that if I purchase the bottomless bubbles package I will be served soda in the dining room/buffet when requested. Is this accurate or do you have to purchase at these venues if you want a soda regardless or the bottomless bubbles package.

My other question is, if I do not purchase the bottomless bubbles package am I allowed to bring my carry-on soda into the dining room/buffet in lieu of purchasing a soda there? If I am able is it kosher to do so?

I called Carnival and was told I cannot. The representative seemed unsure so I called again, spoke to someone different and was told I am allowed to.

I'm guessing I may need to call a 3rd time to try and get a solid answer but thought I'd ask here as well.

If I cannot bring my own in and am forced to purchase a soda (not liking the standard options) at these venues then I would just as well purchase the bottomless bubbles package.

How do people who like a soda with their meal handle this on a cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hello,

First time cruiser here. I know I can bring on 12 soda cans per person. I also understand that sodas aren't included in the standard package purchase price.

I understand that if I purchase the bottomless bubbles package I will be served soda in the dining room/buffet when requested. Is this accurate or do you have to purchase at these venues if you want a soda regardless or the bottomless bubbles package.

My other question is, if I do not purchase the bottomless bubbles package am I allowed to bring my carry-on soda into the dining room/buffet in lieu of purchasing a soda there? If I am able is it kosher to do so?

I called Carnival and was told I cannot. The representative seemed unsure so I called again, spoke to someone different and was told I am allowed to.

I'm guessing I may need to call a 3rd time to try and get a solid answer but thought I'd ask here as well.

If I cannot bring my own in and am forced to purchase a soda (not liking the standard options) at these venues then I would just as well purchase the bottomless bubbles package.

How do people who like a soda with their meal handle this on a cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

On previous cruises, when I bring sodas with me, I also bring a Tervis tumbler with me. Prior to going to dinner, I stop by an ice dispenser in the buffet area, put some ice in the tumbler, pour in my soda, then head to the dining room. ( I've also done this when going to the buffet.) If you don't want to do that, just carry the soda with you to the dining room, and after you're seated, ask your waiter for a glass of ice. Either way, it won't be a problem.

We always carry our sodas on board. You can take them, and your wine or champagne anywhere in the ship at any time in your own glass, cup, mug, etc.. I think if people are flying to the port, they may not have a chance to stop but if you can and want to save the money, carrying on is the best case scenario. If you do end up buying B.B., you will be able to be served drinks from any bar and in the dining room. If you bring your own, you can bring the whole can to the dining room with you. Also, you can replenish canned non alcoholic drinks when you port as well, just no bottles and no wine or champagne. I just found that out after many years of cruising, this might help to split up the bulk of carrying on at initial embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The liquor and beverage policy doesn't say you can't. So generally they don't say no on things that aren't explicitly called out. They would charge you a corkage fee if you brought your own bottle of wine to dinner. However, individual wine should be fine.

I actually have family fairly close to port, which we'll drive in and stay with them the night before. They will drop my family and I who will be cruising at port. So I will have no issue getting 12 packs there. Sounds like that will be the way to go. We'll just carry them on in a large duffel bag and keep them with us until able to enter our room. Then we'll have the duffel bag to bring any souvenir purchases home.

My wife is a wine drinker and we'll be carrying on wine as well. How is that handled as far as using and bringing your own wine to dinner?

Thank you very much to all who have responded. I read all comments and they are much appreciated.

You can take your canned drinks wherever you want. BB drinks are ordered in dining room or any bar. There have always been glasses in our cabin that we use for our carryon wine. I think they are technically water glasses, but they are stemmed glasses. Doesn't matter to me - I can drink wine & champagne out of my yeti if need be. Just don't take your bottle of wine to the dining room or you may be charged a corkage fee. Also, if you were to have liquor delivered to your room from the fun shops, you are not supposed to carry that bottle around. Our neighbors like to have a drink in their room, so they typically order a bottle. Of course, they also carry their drink around with them on the ship, just not the bottle.

When my husband and I cruise, we have a wheeled carryon suitcase. It is perfect size for two 12-packs of soda, 2 bottles of wine, 2 stainless steel Tervis tumblers, and some odds & ends (ie corkscrew, meds, etc).

It's easy to roll around through check in and to the Lido for lunch before the cabin is ready.

I think you already have your answers, but yes you can bring your own soda anywhere on the ship. In the dining room, they charge a fee if you bring your own bottle of wine. You can take a glass of wine in there though if you want to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh I see. If we are bringing our own wine do we have to bring our own glass as well?

Your room steward should have placed wine glasses in your room . Request them if there not there.

When we were on the Pride they had water goblets in the cabin, but our steward said she did not have wine glasses. You can request glasses from a bar, take glasses back from MDR (what we did), or use your water glasses for the wine.

My wife is a wine drinker and we'll be carrying on wine as well. How is that handled as far as using and bringing your own wine to dinner?

If you bring your own wine onboard bring it to the dining room IN A GLASS. DO NOT bring the bottle as they will charge you a corkage fee!! You can ask room steward for wine glasses, or any of the bars too.