Key Cards in mailboxes?

kskelley40

Silly CCL newbie question... I read that cards are in the mailbox outside your room...but how is this "secure"? Of course, anyone on the ship has been cleared and has their own cards to retrieve...but...still wondering...

• Like 1

Silly CCL newbie question... I read that cards are in the mailbox outside your room...but how is this "secure"? Of course, anyone on the ship has been cleared and has their own cards to retrieve...but...still wondering...

The cards are in a sealed envelope, and you are instructed to go to Guest Services immediately if the seal is broken or if the card is missing from the envelope. As far as “charging” items, your picture comes up whenever the card is inserted in any of the terminals and when you go on and off the ship.

• Thanks 1

I keep reading about some ships putting your key cards in your mailbox at your cabin? Haven't seen an explanation though.

Do you not get your key cards at check in on some ships? If not, how do you get on the ship?

What about drinks before your cabin is ready?

Any clarification out there?

We are sailing on Horizon next year if this helps.....

It's very simple , THEY ARE IN THE MAILBOX!!!!

The cards are in a sealed envelope, and you are instructed to go to Guest Services immediately if the seal is broken or if the card is missing from the envelope. As far as “charging” items, your picture comes up whenever the card is inserted in any of the terminals and when you go on and off the ship.

Thank you!

This was the case on my last sailing on Victory in Oct 2017 from Miami. I thought it was awful. We had purchased the Cheers package and couldn't get drinks until our keycards showed up to our rooms. Yes, the paper ticket should have worked but bars were not accepting them. It may have been because it was a new process and they just weren't up to par with it yet. Either way, it was annoying to have to stalk the room for your key card.

This was the case on my last sailing on Victory in Oct 2017 from Miami. I thought it was awful. We had purchased the Cheers package and couldn't get drinks until our keycards showed up to our rooms. Yes, the paper ticket should have worked but bars were not accepting them. It may have been because it was a new process and they just weren't up to par with it yet. Either way, it was annoying to have to stalk the room for your key card.

Whether there are issues with cheers or not, the process is a significant improvement to the embarkation process. No question abut it and it is not going away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have used this process (cards at the rooms) for a year or so now at Miami. I have never had a problem using my boarding pass to purchase drinks. The first place my wife and I go every cruise is to the atrium bar and we have never had a problem ordering drinks using our boarding passes.

We were on Victory in October 2017 - walked right into the lobby bar as soon as we boarded, handed them our boarding passes and were served a drink on our Cheers with no problem. I'm counting on it working again this October.

I actually really liked this setup when I was on Breeze. Check-in and boarding was so much faster without having to wait in as many lines. For drinks, you just carry your boarding pass until you have access to your room. Your photos are taken as you board and attached to your S&S cards then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums