Photo upload required on edocs check in

Our last few cruises have been on Celebrity but we're heading out to the New England/Canada Anthem cruise in September. Got an email saying that we could do the online check in.....so far so good, right? Wrong, first page required you to upload a photo or have your webcam post it to the page. I know this is a simple task for most of us to do but my first thought was wth?!! You have to show a photo id at checkin even if you have a SetSail pass and secondly, what about older people who aren't tech savvy at all. Just curious about others opinions.

Lynda

Our last few cruises have been on Celebrity but we're heading out to the New England/Canada Anthem cruise in September. Got an email saying that we could do the online check in.....so far so good, right? Wrong, first page required you to upload a photo or have your webcam post it to the page. I know this is a simple task for most of us to do but my first thought was wth?!! You have to show a photo id at checkin even if you have a SetSail pass and secondly, what about older people who aren't tech savvy at all. Just curious about others opinions.

Lynda

Wait..............so, you are OK doing it, but you are angry on behalf of others???

Just upload your photo. It will all be fine, for you and for everyone else.

Wait..............so, you are OK doing it, but you are angry on behalf of others???

Just upload your photo. It will all be fine, for you and for everyone else.

Where do you read that I am angry on the behalf of others? I was simply stating a fact that many people not much older than myself couldn't do this without help. I also did not say that I was OK doing it, I had a feeling it was redundant and thanks to the other responses I am comfortable knowing that I am not going to do this, nor is hubby. No anger here......obviously you didn't either know the answer or have the courtesy of a polite response.

Lynda

It's actually very easy to do and does speed up the check in process at the pier.

Yes, you can wait and have them do it, or you can do this tiny thing for yourself. (and you get to choose how you will look every time your card is swiped! :D)

My wife and I have to have business professional headshots for work, and since I always do the check-in process, those are the ones I upload. She hates that I use them, but I can't help but crack up every time we are getting on or off the ship and I see our photos pop up with us in suit jackets, professionally lit, etc..

I have taken & downloaded photos of my family the last 3 cruises.

Each time at check in they have zero knowledge/whereabouts/access/answers to the photos I downloaded.

Then we re-take photos at the check in station.

I will skip it from know on.

Edited by matj2000