A semi-live trip report on 8/10/18 Solstice to Alaska that was almost a golf trip to

Kteacher

Great Review! Did you book Chilkoot Charter excursion in advance? Or when you arrived in Skagway? Are they available at the dock?

I booked this well in advance, and it appeared to be sold out. If you are interested in this I wouldn’t wait too long. They do sell train tickets at the pier and at the station, but I’m not sure which excursions these were for as there are different options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked this well in advance, and it appeared to be sold out. If you are interested in this I wouldn’t wait too long. They do sell train tickets at the pier and at the station, but I’m not sure which excursions these were for as there are different options.

Did you do the Yukon Rail & Bus excursion from Chilkoot which included the lunch stop with the BBQ and the chance to pet the Husky puppies (7.5 hours) or the 8 hour that had the box lunch but went to the town of Lake Bennett?

I have a question about the Tracy Arm Fjord. Does the ship actually dock so that you can get on the excursions? Then does it reposition to dock in Juneau? Since it goes to both places in the same day, I do not understand the locations.

Thanks

You should be aware that some Solstice cruises do not go up the Tracy Arm Fjord even though Tracy Arm is listed in the name of the cruise. Instead, some go up the Endicott Arm Fjord to Dawes Glacier on the Solstice. Still wonderful sights. As mentioned, the ship does a 360 and then heads to Juneau for a 1:30 arrival later that day.

Did you do the Yukon Rail & Bus excursion from Chilkoot which included the lunch stop with the BBQ and the chance to pet the Husky puppies (7.5 hours) or the 8 hour that had the box lunch but went to the town of Lake Bennett?

I did the one that went to Lake Bennett. So beautiful ❤️