Regent cost for pre-cruise hotels

eliana

We are flying in to Tahiti for 2 legs of the World Cruise on Mariner Feb. 9. The flight does not get in until 10:30 PM (we did not have a lot of options on flights). We are Concierge and get a free night but chose to fly in one day early. Checked with Regent prices for an extra night--$500 per person!!!! We got a room through the hotel for $250. But we had to get our own transportation from airport (which is 1 mile away). Found a company who would do it for $40 (USD). Just hoping we can keep the same room for the next night which is covered by Regent. The alternative was to sleep in the lobby until check-in at 3 PM.

Has anyone flown Air Tahiti Nui?

1 hour ago, sassyw said:

We are flying in to Tahiti for 2 legs of the World Cruise on Mariner Feb. 9. The flight does not get in until 10:30 PM (we did not have a lot of options on flights). We are Concierge and get a free night but chose to fly in one day early. Checked with Regent prices for an extra night--$500 per person!!!! We got a room through the hotel for $250. But we had to get our own transportation from airport (which is 1 mile away). Found a company who would do it for $40 (USD). Just hoping we can keep the same room for the next night which is covered by Regent. The alternative was to sleep in the lobby until check-in at 3 PM.

Strongly suggest you send an email to hotel listing your confirmation number for your nite you are paying for as well as information regarding your included nite thru Regent and ask them to link the two reservations so that you can keep the same room.  Have many times had to do this because of multiple reservations with different nites on points and have never had a problem keeping the same room.

Suggest you include in your email to the hotel information regarding your late arrival on the first nite so they also note that on your record so they are aware of a very late arrival. 

Great work only paying 25% of the cost for your first nite room.

Edited by rallydave
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:46 AM, rallydave said:

Strongly suggest you send an email to hotel listing your confirmation number for your nite you are paying for as well as information regarding your included nite thru Regent and ask them to link the two reservations so that you can keep the same room.  Have many times had to do this because of multiple reservations with different nites on points and have never had a problem keeping the same room.

Suggest you include in your email to the hotel information regarding your late arrival on the first nite so they also note that on your record so they are aware of a very late arrival. 

Great work only paying 25% of the cost for your first nite room.

Thanks so much for the suggestion.We emailed the hotel and will wait for their response

4 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Certainly no need to do that in advance. Plenty of cabs at the airport. 

Strange quote Wendy.  i didn't talk about transportation, I responded to the poster of that quote.  Strange quoting from CC

Just now, rallydave said:

Strange quote Wendy.  i didn't talk about transportation, I responded to the poster of that quote.  Strange quoting from CC

Dave, maybe I got it wrong,  if so, sorry. I was responding to the fact that they appeared to have pre-booked transportation from Fa'aa airport to a hotel a mile away.

We too have found that Regent cost for a pre-cruise hotel is far more than booking the same hotel on internet, even when adding transfers which Regent includes. We generally book another hotel to that of Regent so as to avoid the crush and hassle the morning of the cruise embarkation.

One, or maybe two related questions. Are there really plenty of cabs at Miami airport and how does the cab fare compare with booking a sedan with the hotel? We always go for the latter as it is very pleasant to be met after a long and tiring flight.

Edited by eliana

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Dave, maybe I got it wrong,  if so, sorry. I was responding to the fact that they appeared to have pre-booked transportation from Fa'aa airport to a hotel a mile away.

I see Dave, I quoted your response which is why it's confusing. This was sassyw's post I was responding to.

31 minutes ago, eliana said:

One, or maybe two related questions. Are there really plenty of cabs at Miami airport and how does the cab fare compare with booking a sedan with the hotel? We always go for the latter as it is very pleasant to be met after a long and tiring flight.

Yes...you won't be short of a taxi.

As for the price, one could always go to the Miami airport website, where they spell out just what kind of ground transport options you might have.  Including prices!!  (And this method works for hundreds of airports around the world)

But to save you going through Google or another search engine:

http://www.miami-airport.com/taxicabs-shuttles.asp

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I see Dave, I quoted your response which is why it's confusing. This was sassyw's post I was responding to.

It's all OK Wendy.  Kind of thought it was something like that but, not sure.  Thought it might have been a CC problem.  Alls well that ends well and sassyw appears to be in good shape with the excellent help we all provided as a team.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:37 AM, sassyw said:

Yes - we have flown Air Tahiti Nui and it is "okay" (not great but okay).  Flights tend to arrive in Tahiti very late at night or super early in the morning (like 5:00 a.m.)..  

We once arrived in Athens at a time when we could not check in.  We told them that we would sit in the lobby and wait.  Lo and behold, they found a room for us that we could check into immediately.

You could email the hotel and see what they say.  It doesn't hurt to ask.