Parking by Port Of Miami?

Fastoes

The suggestion from the Miami locals who regularly contribute to this board is to park at POM - convenient, covered and secure, for $22/day.

If you use the search function you will find lots of Miami parking posts - some report saving $ and having no issues; many others report lost reservations, over charging, no show shuttles, vandalized cars, etc.

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Parking besides the Port Of Miami has been beaten to death over the years. If you value your personal vehicle pay twenty two dollars a day for the safety and security of your vehicle. The parking garages are covered and only minutes away from the terminal area. At the conclusion of your cruise you go through Customs, exit the terminal area and cross the street over to the garage. Load up your luggage, pay the parking fee and your on your way. Too many stories of damaged vehicles, theft from vehicles, etc since I joined Cruise Critic in 2002. The off site parking lots in Miami aren’t in the greatest locations. No problem parking off site in Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Tampa, and Jacksonville. Big problem in Miami. As one other poster always says “ Do you feel lucky” Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...

We have taken numerous cruises out of Miami and have never paid the outrageous fee to park at the port. We have parked at hotels with a stay but most recently have used Premier Cruise Parking. It is a covered garage near the port (there are two Premier Parking advertised so be sure to use the one with the garage), you self park so don't have to leave your keys, and their shuttle service has been prompt on the occasions we have used it. Our car has always been right where we left it and we've had no damage or theft--maybe just lucky? Anyway, there are alternatives at half the cost of parking at the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is ample parking for lifted vehicles? We are driving down for a Dec28 departure and my cousin's husband's truck is lifted. I know the 1st level at POM has higher clearance, but are there many of those spots available regularly? 

16 hours ago, NicoleBetts said:

Does anyone know if there is ample parking for lifted vehicles? We are driving down for a Dec28 departure and my cousin's husband's truck is lifted. I know the 1st level at POM has higher clearance, but are there many of those spots available regularly? 

From the port's website (http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp)

Parking & Transportation

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

Garage Clearance Heights

Garage Clearance Heights

Garage C

Garage D

Garage G

Garage J

First Floor 9' 8'2'' 9'6'' 8'2''
Remaining Floors 6'10'' 6'8'' 6'11'' 6'10''

I would call or email the Port for more information if necessary.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, capriccio said:

From the port's website (http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp)

Parking & Transportation

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

Garage Clearance Heights

Garage Clearance Heights

Garage C

Garage D

Garage G

Garage J

First Floor 9' 8'2'' 9'6'' 8'2''
Remaining Floors 6'10'' 6'8'' 6'11'' 6'10''

I would call or email the Port for more information if necessary.

Thank you 🙂 I found all of that information online, but I was just wondering how much of the taller vehicle parking there was, since it is our first time driving to POM. I'm more curious to see if we will have trouble finding parking at the Port lot with a tall vehicle and if we will have to find an alternative parking garage.