Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We're supposed to leave tomorrow for our land trip to Ireland - hoping we might be in waving distance of TTS at one of the stops.  But - when we received the expected "time to check in" email from American Airlines an hour so ago & we tried to do so, could not!  AA AI saying, "we're having trouble right now, please try again later." 

Yea, well, I'm suddenly having trouble too.  We bought travel insurance, but frankly I never wanted to figure out how it works!

Good luck and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, lincslady said:

Please stick with the Cooler, Jeff.  It is a very broad church, and I for one enjoy the range of serious and silly subjects we encompass.  And the different personalities who post.

Yes, you can be irritating, as can all of us!  (One of mine is using exclamation marks).

It has actually been one of my lifelines to have a look each day,  believe it or not, in the six months since I lost my  husband.

Lola

Lola, it has been four years since my husband passed away suddenly.  On a cruise, no less!  We had an absolutely fabulous day in Cadiz that last day.  I thought I would not cruise again, but I certainly have.  We often did different things during the day on sea days, and I made friends at trivia and the like, and that is what I continue to do. DH liked to sleep in, so I often ate a relaxing breakfast alone with my book.  Cruise Critic helps as fellow members rally around.  Yes, I still miss DH every day, but I do love cruising and it is still a great way to holiday.  No cooking either!  AZ and SS are great with solo lunch and dinner tables, and pre-dinner drink gatherings, so there is plenty of choice. And of course you also meet and mingle with couples.  I hope I meet you at sea one day.  Carol

Edited by Port Power
Dratted text adding its own words!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:20 AM, QueSeraSera said:

We're supposed to leave tomorrow for our land trip to Ireland - hoping we might be in waving distance of TTS at one of the stops.  But - when we received the expected "time to check in" email from American Airlines an hour so ago & we tried to do so, could not!  AA AI saying, "we're having trouble right now, please try again later." 

Yea, well, I'm suddenly having trouble too.  We bought travel insurance, but frankly I never wanted to figure out how it works!

I’m directing my all of my Jedi powers to a holiday successful May you have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Port Power said:

Lola, it has been four years since my husband passed away suddenly.  On a cruise, no less!  We had an absolutely fabulous day in Cadiz that last day.  I thought I would not cruise again, but I certainly have.  We often did different things during the day on sea days, and I made friends at trivia and the like, and that is what I continue to do. DH liked to sleep in, so I often ate a relaxing breakfast alone with my book.  Cruise Critic helps as fellow members rally around.  Yes, I still miss DH every day, but I do love cruising and it is still a great way to holiday.  No cooking either!  AZ and SS are great with solo lunch and dinner tables, and pre-dinner drink gatherings, so there is plenty of choice. And of course you also meet and mingle with couples.  I hope I meet you at sea one day.  Carol

I’m so sorry to hear that Carol but also so happy to hear that you are still getting to enjoy life. I’m glad you had the memories of Cadiz. What a way to go. I Feel so sad for the many that are still Frightened to leave their homes and are wasting their later  years. Some friends of mine have given up driving and don’t go out any more. Some have completely lost their confidence. This has indeed been a wicked illness. 

• Like 3

Hi folks, Mysty, I want to say THANK YOU again for your lovely blog on your recent trip. Reading it while I was trying to get through my trials of my leg on my sailing, gave me a wonderful respite. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 2:22 AM, Fletcher said:

I see Silversea has another ship, the Silver Supporter, sailing regularly between Mangareva and Pitcairn Island.  I must say she looks very sleek and elegant . . . 

pn.jpg

I hear the butlers have specially made formal Carhart onesies.  Which I have actually seen on a Seabourn trip.

Edited by highplanesdrifters
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:22 AM, Fletcher said:

I see Silversea has another ship, the Silver Supporter, sailing regularly between Mangareva and Pitcairn Island.  I must say she looks very sleek and elegant . . . 

pn.jpg

here's another SS in HA LONG Bay

Ha Long Bay.JPG

• Haha 3