Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

There are times and places where a hot dog is the best thing you can possibly eat:  On a boardwalk, at the beach, with maybe some over salted but perfect fries, and a almost frozen soda.  At a baseball game, with maybe some sauerkraut and mustard, and a big cold beer.  In Vienna, from a cart as you head out (from a late start!) from your hotel, for a day doing museums!  Nothing better in those situations.  (OK, maybe from a street vendor in NYC selling Nathans, before you walk on the wild side!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

OK, maybe from a street vendor in NYC selling Nathans, before you walk on the wild side!

Better yet Hebrew National – then you can protect yourself by burping up Garlic.  At least if your attacker is a vampire...  🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We have not visited Domus Aurea yet - I assume that's the Nero's Palace to which you refer? Chris has had it on her list for Rome for some time - but from what I remember, it was not open the last time we were in Rome (2012). Which reminds me, we need to go back!

Yes it was Domus Aurea and I would highly recommend. Bookings were needed in advance as it is getting popular. The tech enhancements with the short video at the start of the tour and then the virtual reality part towards the end really helped immerse you into the history and how the building was during Nero's reign. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Mysty - you have a definite tendency at present to give us some fairly cheeky funnies.  I wonder if there is any special reason??😉

Lola

As I age my cheekiness is breaking out.   I guess my filters are beginning to malfunction!  😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Me too!  I don't care what people think (so long as I am not horrible to anyone), but  wear funny clothes, use bad language when driving, and feel generally free of the constraints of being 'respectable'.

Most people of, say, over 70 were brought up to be quiet, well behaved and to respect their elders.  Now I am an elder I can shrug off those shackles, I reckon.  (Hence my CC name - either a showgirl or a transvestite, thanks to Jeff.)  You would laugh a lot if you actually saw me.

Lola

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Me too!  I don't care what people think (so long as I am not horrible to anyone), but  wear funny clothes, use bad language when driving, and feel generally free of the constraints of being 'respectable'.

Most people of, say, over 70 were brought up to be quiet, well behaved and to respect their elders.  Now I am an elder I can shrug off those shackles, I reckon.  (Hence my CC name - either a showgirl or a transvestite, thanks to Jeff.)  You would laugh a lot if you actually saw me.

Lola

🙂  🙂 

I don’t care how old you claim you are.  I only have your word for that  and you claimed it was champagne and not coca cola. 

To an old bloke like me, with a vivid imagination and only Soho to go on you will always be now and for ever, my Lola.

I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola
C-O-L-A, Cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
L-O-L-A, Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman but talked like a man
Oh my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said "Dear boy, won't you come home with me?"
Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes, well I almost fell for my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me
Well, that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand

And said "Dear boy, I'm gonna make you a man"

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

If you PM me I’ll let you into a secret.

CC does not offer that function :(.  They reminded me of champagne flutes we had in Eze at Chateau d'Or.

I think the type of glassware actually improves the taste of everything in it.

I am a woman that must always have cloth napkins with dinner. Even if we only had hot dogs. My friends think it is nuts. Just a bit more laundry.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

CC does not offer that function :(.  They reminded me of champagne flutes we had in Eze at Chateau d'Or.

I am a woman that must always have cloth napkins with dinner. Even if we only had hot dogs. My friends think it is nuts. Just a bit more laundry.

My wife is the same. We always have cloth napkins. She being from southern Virginia.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

One of my favourite places 

Chateau la chevre d'or

Two fantastic sommeliers a wonderful restaurant and a wine cellar to envy

• Like 3

One thing I noticed on our recent adventure is that I need a camera with a zoom option.  We saw oodles of puffins and my Sony was not up for the job.  I got some info from a fellow passenger and bought a Canon SX60HS.   It was delivered on Friday and I went out to play with it this morning.   Here are the results....

IMG_0009sm.jpg.40a15d46d4eaa6f4393ef4cbcf411721.jpg

See the Moon just above the lamp post?  Here is the Moon using the zoom.....

IMG_0010.JPG.c552bd380fccef7b5a95fb8bea965896.JPG

I'm a  happy camper!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Well,  in my case anyway.

Lola

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

One reason I show my gorgeous (sadly departed) Silki instead of old ugly me.

We folks of a certain age need to stick together!  Our value is not in our appearance.   It is in the wisdom gained from navigating life's challenges.   It is in our compassion, in our caring and in our respect for all the beings (be they human or animal) in our world!  I join the over 69 age group in November with my head held high.  I am very proud to be a member of a generation that valued honesty, respect and who understood what was really worth shaking cages for.  🥰

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We popped our heads in there on our Spirit Med Cruise in 19 but we’re very short of time, we vowed to go back and stay one day. Obviously hasn’t happened yet. We loved Eze. 

11 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

One of my favourite places 

Chateau la chevre d'or

Two fantastic sommeliers a wonderful restaurant and a wine cellar to envy

Mr Luxury, Is it as fabulous as it looks? 

12 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Lola, I think your take on life is delicious. 

• Like 1