Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

Though on our in transit tour there were a couple with quite suspicious coughs. The male would take off his mask to cough. Just wow.

It is extremely sad to hear of others’ lack of consideration.  There are many of a sensible disposition who have managed to remain safe so far and are having their lives restricted because they are unable to enjoy things fully until they can relax and feel sufficiently safe and it is this selfish under-class who are defining too many others future enjoyable existence.  C’est la bleedin’ vie. 

On the plus side I was so, so pleased  to see you travelling again and also lifted to notice today on another thread that you treated yourselves to some Laurent Perrier  Rose Champers, in my uneducated view the Covid version of an emergency blood transfusion.  

You might recall from a couple of years back when this plague started I exchanged our 1.8 million BA miles for LP Rose and the traditional Blanc de Blanc Brut Nature made in the original non-sugar dosage method  which we are working our way through.   I simply needed you to know that I was very lifted to see you drinking the LP Rose on-board. 🙂   Life doesn’t get much better than LP and the sea. ☑️   I hope you might get to try the Blanc de Blanc which seems to be relatively unknown but is how champagne accidentally started. 

Hope you enjoy the remainder of your travels and keep up imbibing all the best that the world has on offer.  

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
tappah wallah fin ger errors
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

I wanted to donate blood at the National Blood Donation Service but I gave up. They ask too many questions:

"Whose is it?" 

"Where did you get it?" 

"Why is it in a bucket?" 

Picky, picky, picky! 😅

Back home. We left the ship on a Monday and on Tuesday night my husband had fever, cough, sore throat. Tested positive for covid. It was complicated because we were already in a remote area of Iceland with no place to stay and I don't drive. Despite the annoyances, in the end everything worked out, but it was 7 days of isolation and the vacation partially lost.

The return flight on the part from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro the airline (TAP) replaced the regular plane of the route with a chartered airplane of the 1990s in terrible conditions. Two hours after a lot of argument, police, etc. we took off and we spent a bad night on board.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lirio said:

Back home. We left the ship on a Monday and on Tuesday night my husband had fever, cough, sore throat. Tested positive for covid. It was complicated because we were already in a remote area of Iceland with no place to stay and I don't drive. Despite the annoyances, in the end everything worked out, but it was 7 days of isolation and the vacation partially lost.

The return flight on the part from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro the airline (TAP) replaced the regular plane of the route with a chartered airplane of the 1990s in terrible conditions. Two hours after a lot of argument, police, etc. we took off and we spent a bad night on board.

No adequate button to react Lirio!  So very sorry to hear that things were such a trial!  Hope your dear lad is recovering and sending hopes that you managed to escape the nasty! 🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lirio said:

so sorry

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mysty said:

No adequate button to react Lirio!  So very sorry to hear that things were such a trial!  Hope your dear lad is recovering and sending hopes that you managed to escape the nasty! 🥰

We had a glimpse of Iceland and we want to get back. 

• Like 2

For me and a few others a positive note from the Dawn. On the Silversea Facebook page a complaint that last night, a formal night, a fellow wasn't allowed into the SALT Kitchen without a tie. He was lent one though.

• Like 3

Well, it's got us in the end. Yesterday OH had symptoms like a common cold. Positive Covid test. Today, the same for me. 

Spent the weekend at our son's wedding with 125 guests. Wonder how many of them are feeling similarly under the weather? 

Still, it's endemic now, I suppose. Just need to be grateful for the 3 doses of vaccine. 

6 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Well, it's got us in the end. Yesterday OH had symptoms like a common cold. Positive Covid test. Today, the same for me. 

Spent the weekend at our son's wedding with 125 guests. Wonder how many of them are feeling similarly under the weather? 

Still, it's endemic now, I suppose. Just need to be grateful for the 3 doses of vaccine. 

Sorry to hear TTS! Hope you recover soon!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Hope you recover soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1