Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sounds like I’m lucky I don’t have Netflix and haven’t seen the program you referenced.

You’re very lucky Stumbles. The first 4 seasons were a joy and so well cast. Perhaps I’m biased because this season is within my own memory but the casting is appalling (excusing Imelda Staunton on the basis of a lack of recent work).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thank you for expanding my vocabulary, Que.  After Mysty’s post today, I can hardly wait to see what she’ll have waiting for us tomorrow.  It’s going to be hard to top a fine cack like that. 

Why would anybody of sound mind and a basic grasp of the 3 r’s waste a wish on having a huge cack? Unless of course they were Welsh when Cachu (pronounced cack) relates to an item discarded during a long contemplation with one’s own Gods enjoyed in a bathroom. Indeed the term Malu Cachu ,pronounced malakacky, (please don’t Google it), is used often in Welsh to express one’s own opinion upon reflection of a certain point to be 🐂 💩. Either way, has anyone got Hanks number?

• Haha 6

From what I have seen on terrestrial TV, I am glad I haven't ever bothered with Sky, or Netflix or whatever.  Apart from the 'plot', which  I fear younger people will think is gospel truth, the idea of the looks of the impersonators of the  Queen and Philip beggars belief.  

Lola

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sounds like I’m lucky I don’t have Netflix and haven’t seen the program you referenced.

Um, it's not actually luck to not have a paid streaming service, is it? 

I choose not to have a streaming service, I actually choose not to have a television, I feel happy without one.

If something is really annoying you, there's always the off switch. But I guess some things carry a ghastly fascination altho' there are limits - for instance I'm happy to read about Door Matt possibly getting his comeuppance in the jungle but nothing could induce me to watch the actual programme.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 3

Completely agree, jollyjones.  Luckily, seeing some of the ITV news this morning, he is getting a pretty good grilling from Charlene White, a very intelligent newsreader, for starters.   The very least one would say is why is he not at work, doing the job he is paid for for his constituents, as it is not one of the long Parliamentary recesses.  I feel almost ashamed to say that he went to the same school as my father and brother, where in the old days boys were taught to have high moral standards  as well as possibly gaining  entry to Oxbridge.

Lola

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Completely agree, jollyjones.  Luckily, seeing some of the ITV news this morning, he is getting a pretty good grilling from Charlene White, a very intelligent newsreader, for starters.   The very least one would say is why is he not at work, doing the job he is paid for for his constituents, as it is not one of the long Parliamentary recesses.  I feel almost ashamed to say that he went to the same school as my father and brother, where in the old days boys were taught to have high moral standards  as well as possibly gaining  entry to Oxbridge.

Lola

Ah the standards of yesteryear.

4 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Just finished using the apps to acquire the needed visas for Australia  & NZ cruise.

Was easier than I thought it would be.

Did so too last week (upcoming cruise on the Muse) and am now wondering whether the granted NZeTA will suffice and the actual visum will only be available (or not) once I reach the first NZ harbour?

Thankful for any insights, never been there before.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

Did so too last week (upcoming cruise on the Muse) and am now wondering whether the granted NZeTA will suffice and the actual visum will only be available (or not) once I reach the first NZ harbour?

Thankful for any insights, never been there before.

It said on the print out something about filling out a form on arrival to travel around.

The ships people will probably instruct you and offer guidance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

A music video that might tell you a lot about today's young people, at least in the US and...

Why I will sub teach if they need someone....  the pay is ridiculously low, probably could make more at McD & get some good fries - our young people

Amazing Que!  Thank you! 🥰

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zqtchas said:

It said on the print out something about filling out a form on arrival to travel around.

The ships people will probably instruct you and offer guidance.

Great coolers. I will be in NZ from Dec. 27 to Jan.27. Who knows we see each other there......Have a great cruise.

• Like 2