Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Can’t wait to hear your views on Ponant JP. The zero solo supplement is always very enticing and they have some great itineraries. I Just worry about how “French” they are. 

Blue and white stripey t shirt and onions hanging from the handlebars.

You know the sort of thing.

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Davey, I think JP and Chris sailed Ponant before.  I am guessing they liked it enough to take a 2nd cruise with them🙂

Have heard from people who have done Ponant that it worked well with their food being especially excellent in the French/classy tasty style.  

It is super sunny in Central Ohio.  Will be a high of 56F today.  Yesterday was very nice and sunny, too.  Need some proof and evidence?  Below illustrates the results yesterday when we went to our nearby, large city park with a some water areas.  Saw some busy birds.  See as to how they looked, helped by the bright sun making them look more colorful and highly interesting.  Like?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Here is a small sampling for the ducks, geese, etc., from yesterday at our nearby park on a very sunny, bright afternoon.  Lots of geese from Canada that can be pesky!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.f180391d639ed2fc53fc3a4709a8edac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fe052a410b8f93fb1226374b117ae349.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.067adb253a6e599b2c16267bd5ac54b8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.facab874ac937333bb54afe83ea5e7ca.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Blue and white stripey t shirt and onions hanging from the handlebars.

You know the sort of thing.

Blue and white stripes are cute. I prefer a pretty smile, sunglasses, and a glass of bubbly to the rest, though. 😍 😎

CorsicaAlbum-036.thumb.jpg.95f606c3f52ec80cc8cf05716cc74ec1.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
Add the picture!
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Blue and white stripes are cute. I prefer a pretty smile, sunglasses, and a glass of bubbly to the rest, though. 😍 😎

Seriously,  with Chris as the model,  who wouldn't.   😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

She sure would look good in your frying pan, JP.

Can we save these cute birds from JP's frying pan??  Don't think I will be dining on duck tonight.  

• Haha 3

On 2/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, jpalbny said:

@Lois R is right - we did sail on Ponant in September 2021 and liked it a lot. So this will be our second trip with them. Will be starting a live TR over on those boards soon. 

We enjoyed Ponant, as well. Here is a tip: if the cruise is not full, they will offer an upgrade and it is negotiable 🙂  We were able to upgrade to the Owners suite on our Antarctica 14 day trip with them for $5000. Well worth it while in that neck of the woods 😉

Are you staying at the Four Seasons on the bay when in Bali? We were there many years ago on a land trip and it is lovely. Also, played golf at 2 courses in Bali. Hot but fun.

19 hours ago, jpalbny said:

What a great "package", how can you lose or do better??  Plus, the location looks interesting.  Where is Chris located and what is she drinking?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

21 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We enjoyed Ponant, as well. Here is a tip: if the cruise is not full, they will offer an upgrade and it is negotiable 🙂  We were able to upgrade to the Owners suite on our Antarctica 14 day trip with them for $5000. Well worth it while in that neck of the woods 😉

Are you staying at the Four Seasons on the bay when in Bali? We were there many years ago on a land trip and it is lovely. Also, played golf at 2 courses in Bali. Hot but fun.

Thanks for the tips. I think this cruise is nearly full; ATM almost all of the cabin categories are waitlisted. I think that it's their first voyage to Indonesia in several years, so likely that we were not the only ones waiting for this trip! But we will see.

We're staying at a Belmond property - Jimbaran Puri. Same area as the Four Seasons but not quite so isolated. We're only there for 2 nights. Nothing really planned; figure we'll wander the beach and eat some seafood. And try to recover from the jet lag. No matter how you slice it, 13h ahead vs 11h back is going to be painful.

• Like 4

Greetings Coolers!

It's snowing again.  We're heading towards 250 cm of snow since the white stuff started falling in November.  The average snow fall amount is about 230 cm.

Today's funny (which is closer to truth than humour)...

322633991_535650601930799_6898423328422468541_n.jpg.d4cfc50e019d93a64849d64436b54a43.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Well today marks 1 year since my final retirement. I did have a couple.

It marks the time I started to consider my health a bit more. Simple plan just eat less and exercise more.

So this morning I weighed 84 Kg ( 185 lbs). A lossof 22.5Kg (49.5 lbs)

My plan was to be at 84.5 Kg by the time we leave home for our next cruise on 17/3/23. Feeling a little bit satisfied.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

Well today marks 1 year since my final retirement. I did have a couple.

It marks the time I started to consider my health a bit more. Simple plan just eat less and exercise more.

So this morning I weighed 84 Kg ( 185 lbs). A lossof 22.5Kg (49.5 lbs)

My plan was to be at 84.5 Kg by the time we leave home for our next cruise on 17/3/23. Feeling a little bit satisfied.

Happy St David's Day