Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Ah! Saturday morning and Mysty posting funnies in the Cooler. All seems back to normal in the world.   Happy Easter to all! 

Yes!  Yes!!  Glad that Misty and her wonderful funnies are back.  Agree on "Happy Easter to all! "

It looks like Spring is here in Central Ohio for certain.  Below is what AccuWeather projects for us during the upcoming period.  Lots of sunshine and nice temperatures.  Hopefully for others, you will not have to worry about more cold temperatures, snow and ice. Bye, bye Winter!!  Almost as good as being in Florida? 

image.thumb.png.83d751a0b864d30ea85a395cf9292625.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

So far as Mrs Jeff is concerned I'm becoming weird

How could your wife, who knows you best, come to that conclusion????  All of us are different with our own "special qualities"!!  Maybe?  Hopefully?

Look forward to your sharing and interesting perspectives.  That is what the "Cooler" is all about.  In a respectful, focused manner. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

How could your wife, who knows you best, come to that conclusion????  All of us are different with our own "special qualities"!!  Maybe?  Hopefully?

Look forward to your sharing and interesting perspectives.  That is what the "Cooler" is all about.  In a respectful, focused manner. 

Thanks Terry.  I meant I was becoming weird because of my increasing adoration of my wonderful wifey after 50+odd years of being locked together.  A good marriage is an unusual achievement these days  when she is married to me! 🙂

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Thanks Terry.  I meant I was becoming weird because of my increasing adoration of my wonderful wifey after 50+odd years of being locked together.  A good marriage is an unusual achievement these days  when she is married to me! 🙂

you mean they were odd years or only the odd years?😇

• Haha 3

Reflecting on Easter - which we weren't - I feel quite humbled by how my homeland has changed in the 25 years since the Good Friday (Belfast) agreement that brought an end - or at least a long term intermission - to 30 years of sectarian violence and division in the North of Ireland. 

The GFA is a model of compromise and clarity extending to around 30 pages of a concise but profound undertaking to democratise a fractured country, yet retaining enough wriggle-room to allow for changing conditions in an unforeseeable future. 

Sad, I know, but I carry a pdf of the agreement on my phone the better to understand its terms and clarify misconceptions. Even the abstract reintroduction of the British border post-Brexit has so far failed to undermine the towering achievement of those who took that step into the unknown 25 years ago this weekend. 

Sometimes, just sometimes, people with polar-opposite visions can get together and subordinate their politics, prejudices and egos to achieve something good and righteous. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Reflecting on Easter - which we weren't - I feel quite humbled by how my homeland has changed in the 25 years since the Good Friday (Belfast) agreement that brought an end - or at least a long term intermission - to 30 years of sectarian violence and division in the North of Ireland. 

The GFA is a model of compromise and clarity extending to around 30 pages of a concise but profound undertaking to democratise a fractured country, yet retaining enough wriggle-room to allow for changing conditions in an unforeseeable future. 

Sad, I know, but I carry a pdf of the agreement on my phone the better to understand its terms and clarify misconceptions. Even the abstract reintroduction of the British border post-Brexit has so far failed to undermine the towering achievement of those who took that step into the unknown 25 years ago this weekend. 

Sometimes, just sometimes, people with polar-opposite visions can get together and subordinate their politics, prejudices and egos to achieve something good and righteous. 

Lessons here for everyone TTS!  Thank you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drron29 said:

The dress code wasn’t enforced on the last voyage but from the beginning of this voyage it is. Many have had to go back to their suites and don a jacket.

Maybe because Paulo Perceval took over as HD in Malaga?

The previous HD with the completely unpronounceable name might have been okay, dunno, never seen or heard of him before, but Paulo (sp?) is the consummate professional. 
I’m currently overnighting at PHL, missing the ship already!

Happy sails. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Maybe because Paulo Perceval took over as HD in Malaga?

The previous HD with the completely unpronounceable name might have been okay, dunno, never seen or heard of him before, but Paulo (sp?) is the consummate professional. 
I’m currently overnighting at PHL, missing the ship already!

Happy sails. 

You left too early. Very poorly attended trivia. We picked up a new English couple. Only scored 15 but were the winning team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Paolo rocks.

one helluva personable guy and as you said JJ, professional. He does get the job done efficiently and with expertise. He has been most gracious to us. 

We were able to experience Paolo on our most recent cruise.  The thing that impressed me most was that he walked the ship.  He did not hide out in his office.  It was like he was on patrol.  Extremely warm and engaging.  A class act!

• Like 3

Visiting the historic center of São Paulo which is the capital of Sao Paulo State.

First “Patio do Colegio” - Where the city was first established at Jan. 25, 1554. Nearby is the house of Marquesa do Santos.

In the beginning of our history, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador in Bahia were the main city. Sao Paulo was just a small poor area. But from Sao Paulo, the first pioneers moved west to hunt for Indians for slaves and in a search for gold and other precious metals. Those brave men were called “Bandeirantes” and each trip was called “Bandeiras”.

In the 20th, Sao Paulo went on an industrial revolution and became to be the richest state in the country.

Later I visited to the Theatro Municipal from early 20th century. 

20230408_150511.jpg

IMG-20230408-WA0019.jpg

20230408_151446.jpg

IMG-20230408-WA0008.jpg

20230408_153919.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Visiting the historic center of São Paulo which is the capital of Sao Paulo State.

First “Patio do Colegio” - Where the city was first established at Jan. 25, 1554. Nearby is the house of Marquesa do Santos.

In the beginning of our history, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador in Bahia were the main city. Sao Paulo was just a small poor area. But from Sao Paulo, the first pioneers moved west to hunt for Indians for slaves and in a search for gold and other precious metals. Those brave men were called “Bandeirantes” and each trip was called “Bandeiras”.

In the 20th, Sao Paulo went on an industrial revolution and became to be the richest state in the country.

Later I visited to the Theatro Municipal from early 20th century. 

20230408_150511.jpg

IMG-20230408-WA0019.jpg

20230408_151446.jpg

IMG-20230408-WA0008.jpg

20230408_153919.jpg

Enjoying following along on your travels Lirio!  And also appreciating the history lessons!  Thank you!

• Like 2

OK I'm taking a risk here and don't want to often anyone [especially anyone British], but it's such a good joke that here goes:

“A plane crashes on a desert island. There are only a few survivors: three Spanish people, three French people and an Englishman. Six months later: one of the Spanish men has killed the other and is now living with the Spanish woman, the three French people have decided to become a threesome and the Englishman is still waiting to be introduced to the others.”

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

imrs.jpg

• Like 6