Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Me too, that is me on the right.  Feeling the need of a bit of emotional support, as  I have just had a letter enclosing a small cheque for overpayment of  premium of an insurance policy, and  sending  me commiserations on the loss of my DH,  which is now not far off three years ago.  Who are these people?  Payable to a bank account which is non-existent.  I thought about contacting them, but don't think I will bother.

• Like 1

How is Lois surviving and hanging in this morning?  Watched yesterday when our Cleveland Browns visited her Jacksonville and beat the Jags.  Close, interesting game, but a bad weekend for Lois when combined with the challenges facing her Florida State.  Many other close, interesting NFL games on Sunday. Any NFL team fans here at the Cooler?  

These below are the four college football games that might merit viewing this coming weekend.  Some key teams such as Alabama and Oregon are idle this weekend. Other top teams have lighter opponents.  Our Ohio State will be hosting Marshall at noon nationally on FOX Saturday.  We will be there in section 14A wearing red in the 100,000-seat+ Ohio Stadium.  Look for us on TV? 

Friday, September 20, 2024
#24 Illinois at #22 Nebraska, both 3-0, 8:00 pm on FOX

Saturday, September 21, 2024
#11 USC (2-0) at #18 Michigan (2-1), 3:30 pm on CBS
#12 Utah (3-0) at #14 Oklahoma State (3-0), 4:00 pm on FOX
#6 Tennessee (3-0) at #15 Oklahoma (3-0), 7:30 pm on ABC

Good news for Lois is that Florida State is off this coming weekend.  For Spins, Miami is at South Florida.  Texas has moved up, UP to number one ahead of Georgia that was challenged to win, barely, at Kentucky.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Athens & Greece: Visuals, details from two visits in a city and nearby with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 71,000+ views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Edited by TLCOhio

Hi Terry, I would not call it an interesting game........it was horrible. Instead of getting better after the week one loss, we got 100 times worse........

My teams are sucking badly.....

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I would not call it an interesting game........it was horrible. Instead of getting better after the week one loss, we got 100 times worse........ My teams are sucking badly.....

From my "perspective", as a long-suffering Cleveland Browns fan, it was a good game yesterday in Jacksonville, especially after their terrible opening disaster against the Cowboys.  

Football??  It has its ups and downs.  Twists and turns?   Good luck in the coming weeks for your 'Canes and Jags.  Also, I was happy that the Ohio State-products as NFL quarterbacks for both the Houston Texans and Pittsburgh Steeler did well, taking their teams to 2-0 records.  And, NFL rookie, top draft pick and OSU product, Marvin Harrison Jr., had an amazing break-out game for the Arizona Cardinals.   Lots to follow, cheer and enjoy in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Me too, that is me on the right.  Feeling the need of a bit of emotional support, as  I have just had a letter enclosing a small cheque for overpayment of  premium of an insurance policy, and  sending  me commiserations on the loss of my DH,  which is now not far off three years ago.  Who are these people?  Payable to a bank account which is non-existent.  I thought about contacting them, but don't think I will bother.

A Huge Cwtch from me to you Lola.  It never gets better but does get easier.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Obviously I am learning to be fairly happy again, but this sort of not very nice reminder just annoys and is a bit upsetting.  Lola

Yes, sadly, for being very upsetting and frustrating.  Glad you working to adjust and "learning to be fairly happy again".  Good luck and steady progress moving forward.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

So sorry to hear that Lola!  Group hug coming up! 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

From my "perspective", as a long-suffering Cleveland Browns fan, it was a good game yesterday in Jacksonville, especially after their terrible opening disaster against the Cowboys.  

Football??  It has its ups and downs.  Twists and turns?   Good luck in the coming weeks for your 'Canes and Jags.  Also, I was happy that the Ohio State-products as NFL quarterbacks for both the Houston Texans and Pittsburgh Steeler did well, taking their teams to 2-0 records.  And, NFL rookie, top draft pick and OSU product, Marvin Harrison Jr., had an amazing break-out game for the Arizona Cardinals.   Lots to follow, cheer and enjoy in the NFL.  

Hi Terry, no Canes fan here😮....I think you meant to say NOLES.😃☹️

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, no Canes fan here😮....I think you meant to say NOLES.😃☹️

YES, my big goof!! Sorry, got Miami and Florida State mixed up. Brain failure that cannot be blamed on my "fat fingers" and/or auto/spelling-correct. Spins' Miami 'Canes moving up to 8th nationally-ranked and unbeaten at 3-0.  

On 9/13/2024 at 6:03 PM, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m very sorry to say that we lost our beautiful companion of 15 years today. He’s with his big badass sister now who’ll be bossing him about over there. He “fell asleep” playing tug with me and his favourite toy, Heffalump. 

IMG_5986.jpeg

DavyWavy - So very very sorry.  Your boy looks so handsome and happy in this picture.  As I read about the end of his journey "falling asleep while playing with his dad and a favorite toy", my first thought was "what a wonderful way to go."  Hope that thought and your memories bring you comfort. 

• Like 5

On 9/14/2024 at 4:07 PM, silkismom said:

I couldn't remember how to add her photo . There she is. 20200318_202211.thumb.jpg.c360aff8722dfe32ffb07c3839471ba6.jpg

@silkismom  I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful!!!    You formed an extra special bond with her with the care you've given over the years.  One of my cats many years ago developed kidney disease and I used to call her infusions her "spa treatments."   

Hopefully your upcoming cruise will provide a little bit of a buffer zone in the grieving process. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

DavyWavy - So very very sorry.  Your boy looks so handsome and happy in this picture.  As I read about the end of his journey "falling asleep while playing with his dad and a favorite toy", my first thought was "what a wonderful way to go."  Hope that thought and your memories bring you comfort. 

Thank you DvD, we have many happy memories of him.

• Like 4

Hello Coolers,

It's been a while since I've popped in here and there were a LOT of posts to read through and catch up on! 

Just returned last week from a wonderful cruise visiting the Norwegian fjords on the Silver Dawn.  The weather was marvelous for most of the voyage and since it is hot as hades in Florida, I seriously had to question why I was coming home (and am still wondering)!   

On the way to Copenhagen I was able to spend some time in the new Delta One lounge at JFK. If you haven't been and are flying business class on Delta or one of its partners, book a longer layover and be sure to spend some time there - it's fabulous. In the spirit of the Cooler, here is a food photo for you from an appetizer on their menu- roasted heirloom carrots with pickled kumquats, quinoa, carrot gremolata and feta tarragon creme. Absolutely delicious.   

And those recurring dreams of school you've been discussing?  Haven't really had any of those anxious dreams about school, mine tend to be more about dreaming of being back where I grew up - the way it was back then.  My high school reunion took place recently and it was a blast. Even though I don't live very far away, it was more about seeing the friends you've known since elementary school and who all grew up in the same magical place (Fort Lauderdale) back before they paved paradise.  Plus there is nothing like spotting someone you've known since third grade but haven't seen in years break into a smile and head your way for a huge hug.  

My current recurring dreams are of waking up at sea with a butler bringing me breakfast.  The return to reality is rough! 😂

IMG_3213.jpg

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

On the way to Copenhagen I was able to spend some time in the new Delta One lounge at JFK. If you haven't been and are flying business class on Delta or one of its partners, book a longer layover and be sure to spend some time there - it's fabulous. In the spirit of the Cooler, here is a food photo for you from an appetizer on their menu- roasted heirloom carrots with pickled kumquats, quinoa, carrot gremolata and feta tarragon creme. Absolutely delicious.   

Thanks for that! We had been hoping to be there in December, on our way to CDG to catch our Ponant cruise in Helsinki. But we're flying a DL codeshare on AF so we'll be in T1 instead.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Thanks for that! We had been hoping to be there in December, on our way to CDG to catch our Ponant cruise in Helsinki. But we're flying a DL codeshare on AF so we'll be in T1 instead.

I was on KLM, but fortunately my flight left out of T4.   But- it's worth the trek from T4 to T1 if you can make the timing work.  Dine in the Delta One lounge and then have more time to sleep on the flight over to Helsinki.   The fellow next to me ordered the halibut and it looked amazing.

Further temptation for you, JP.  The premium wines in the Sky Clubs are one of the best redemption options for Skymiles...take a look at what you can enjoy for a handful of miles in the D1 lounge...

IMG_3211.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I admire the wonderful people here in the Cooler who obviously truly love their pets.

Unfortunately around us are a couple of people who should not be allowed to own pets.

Across the canal they have a large poodle. hopeless as a youngster but now a lovely dog. The whole family is out during most days and the poodle is quite relaxed and quiet. It's favourite pastime is getting under the skin of the dogs next door. It runs down and sits on their pontoon. The silly little dadchund starts yapping and eventually gets the Rottweiler to bark. It usually realises it has been conned quickly. It normally only barks when someone gets close to the property as Rottweilers do. It is obviously looked after very well.

But this past weekend was the start of the school holidays so on Monday the kids were home. They ignored the poodle. It was putting it's front paws on he door and barking. Not once did the kids respond. The exasperated poodle resorted to it's normal trick and ran down and sat on the pontoon but sadly next door's dogs were out. The poodle slowly walked back to the door and continued barking.

Which brings me to a couple of dog and cat pictures.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f6b42aa718ba1b58cdb688399fc695a.jpeg

image.jpeg.ab6831680a601f5455c84b72bf6d46f0.jpeg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Thats exactly how  I am  feeling  at the moment  Mysty   !! 

Hope things are OK rogann as I know the last trip had its challenges (euphemism).

Though I did think you were more of a Sauvignon Blanc gal 😃

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 2