Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

JillyF, that sounds lovely! I've always wanted to see les carrières de lumières at Les Baux, but so far we've not had the time to go there.

Now you know how we felt driving around your home country this past March! I don't mind it for the most part, but it can get stressful on the curvy narrow roads. We drove on a small road in the Otway peninsula that got challenging after a while...

Enjoy the rest of your time!

PS. Were the pigs searching for truffles? :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers!

Gee....you leave your Cooler bar stool unoccupied for a few days and come back to the sound of virtual silence. Thanks to those who kept a candle burning in the window! :) Sorry to have been so quiet. Life sometimes gets in the way of best intentions. Seems like other regulars are busy as well. Either planning for travel, actually travelling, unpacking from travelling, arranging grocery orders or just plain asleep at the switch. The fire has been lit in the hearth. Cobwebs dealt with. Inglenook ready for cozy conversation. Gather round! And J....leave your new frying pans for a bit and show up with food pics please!

Today's funny and another age chuckle comes courtesy of Miss S.......

42044467_1921818877898325_3882266920774270976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=e3388e8598cc39a9a4b3985d29733788&oe=5C5C6791

Have a great day all!

Good Evening All .....

Lovely funny M! Thanks ... yes decent eatings this week ... we started with a couple of dozen oysters with some nice drizzles and some fresh walnut sourdough and some frozen Bredon champers. The shucking is improving with every dozen I shuck ....

5e0ea35306aab5119193088a6f6cc1d8.jpg

fa360ca025d554b15a888123d054b4d7.jpg

0567c2f685c85d0562d3503f585984fa.jpg

She also demanded some comfort food this week ....

318197d57e69c5ef044cad62a2a4f31c.jpg

fcb0734174338188ccb3141fe95866eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey M......saw the empty seat earlier this week....did try to keep it warm for you but have been otherwise occupied for which l apologise....

One of my dearest and close friends was rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack....quite a shock and upsetting ....she’s still in the cardiac unit but doing well so fingers crossed...

Jeffers.....forget the oysters...I’ll take the comfort food anytime....well done Mrs J!

Happy weekend all 😊

Sophia, best wishes for your friend. She is in our thoughts, as are you.

Jeff, good job on the shucking and the cooking. No finger bits in the oysters.

Today I hung a pot rack in our kitchen. Lots of time standing on the counter, drilling into the ceiling. Luckily, I had a picture from when the house was built showing the orientation of the ceiling joists. And I have a stud finder. So I was 4 for 4 with drilling into the joists! No patching holes in the drywall. Happy day!

i-LTVh9nK-L.jpg

i-9gvcKpK-L.jpg

i-KnvDpjw-L.jpg

Good Job JP! Although I can shuck oysters blood-free, if I attempted a job like that there would be a hospital visit. Me and power tools don't end well.

Those pans look designer to me! Mine were from a French catering supplier and the handles are very plain but the pans are thick and last for ever. I like that light fitting over (I presume) a dining table. :)

Love your funnies Mysty.

In Lyon for a few days. Had lunch at a Bouchon yesterday. Enjoyed it although we hadn’t made a reservation and it was our second choice.

When entering the Bouchon ( Les Lyonnais) we were sent "downstairs" as we didn’t have a reservation! Ended well.

Lunch today was at a more modern restaurant where we could people watch. Food was very good too.

We have enjoyed the Rose ( sorry, can’t put the accent on) and fairly cheap too.

I saw some people eating oysters last night as we walked by. Your photos of your oysters J makes me want some!

No ... not tried fidget pie S. Sounds too sans meat for me.

Jilly, I’m so pleased we eat oysters at home rather than just when we’re “out” ie normally South of France. I understand why people avoid them at home, but to have that lovely smell of the sea at home with a nice leisurely lunch and frozen champers with sourdough is much better when in your own gaff ie a short stumble to your pwn comfy sofa and the remote control. And delivered to your door as fresh as can be. And you have to be so careful when out ... freshness and when a dozens so,often actually means eleven ... :')

I have just removed some from tomorrows delivery as I have been rationed to once a week at the very most.

Miss S....hope you hear good news about your friend soon! Must be a worry while you wait.

J...the pie looks delicious! And you really are lucky to have such wonderful access to the foods you enjoy (even if they must be rationed). East and West Coasts of Canada have access to great fresh fish and seafood. Inland we are not so lucky! Which is why we love to find those meals when we travel. Currently on the hunt for a place to get Moreton Bay Bugs for Myster on our grand adventure. Turtlemichael has some great suggestions for Cairns.

Jill...so glad you enjoy the funnies! Have fun on the rest of your trip!

TTS....the laundry method you described sounds very exotic! I like the idea except for the petrol bombs. :)

Mysty, here is a website from 2017 that talks about Brisbane best seafood restaurants.

https://stylemagazines.com.au/food/brisbanes-best-seafood-restaurants-3/

We lived there 25 yrs ago and Gambaro's was wonderful then.

A bit closer to the time if you remind me I’ll ask friends who live there.

My sister lives in Mission Beach and Cairns so should have some recommendations for North Queensland.

To UKCruise jeff.

After looking at your pics and food posts we decided to try out your curry sauce suggestions and got the 6 pack.

Not sure if we are allowed to say names and places but you were spot on with that and thank you for that.

I think i am the curry queen but that surpassed what i imagined what you can get online and it really tasted like the real deal.

So cheers.

Pam.

Evening all.

Sorry to hear about your friend Miss S. Fingers crossed for her.

Lovely funny M, he looks like a fun guy.

Jp. Great bloomer drying rack. Looks just like my grandmothers but without the bloomers. Probably weighed more than the pans. Like you say Miss S, hers was in the kitchen not the scullery. The kitchen then not being a place you would cook. That all happened in the scullery.

Lovely pie Jeff. Have you tried a gauntlet for the oysters? We used to use them at work and they save many a missing finger.

I’ve been covering our breakfast waitresses holiday all week so had 7.30 starts after 2 hours sleep all week. It has been mentioned that I can be less than genial at that time of day but I’ve not insulted, abused, evicted, sworn at, thrown anything at, eaten or maimed a single person all week. I’m quite proud of myself. There’s nothing more annoying than cheerful people before 9a.m. and 2 large lattes.

Pam, thanks so much for taking the trouble to return and post about your curry prowess, and I’m delighted you found them and tried them. Now you are faced with what do you do when you are on your last one ..... the angst! I only believe in scratch cooking when you add value but those sauces are unbeatable.

Dave, yes I use two gloves on the left hand just to be double safe and I use an oyster holder. I know it’s not macho but it works. And a narrow rather than wide shucking knife. Good luck with the mornings ....

e58bfd5bf4510243563849aa53a848ea.jpg

3c25438ff3f3fd3659ce5528c2dfdcc7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk