Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, Reef Knot said:

why don't polar bears eat penguins

ok, I had to look up the answer to this, your dad stumped me too

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=why+don't+polar+bears+eat+penguins&&view=detail&mid=95BD2A67926C39607CB395BD2A67926C39607CB3&rvsmid=EBDAEEC62ACF5A19FA46EBDAEEC62ACF5A19FA46&FORM=VDQVAP

Reef - has the immunization situation improved around you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

ok, I had to look up the answer to this, your dad stumped me too

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=why+don't+polar+bears+eat+penguins&&view=detail&mid=95BD2A67926C39607CB395BD2A67926C39607CB3&rvsmid=EBDAEEC62ACF5A19FA46EBDAEEC62ACF5A19FA46&FORM=VDQVAP

Reef - has the immunization situation improved around you?

Thanks for asking Que. The president finally relented and agreed to bring in the vaccine, Madagascar has now signed up with COVAX/GAVI. In theory we are at the bottom of the list but a few days ago the country received 200,000 doses from the Congo which supposedly were unused and approaching their sell by date. So health and essential workers are being vaccinated with this batch. No news on any further batches though.

• Like 2

I have been dithering about renewing my passport which expired next March and only had 1 empty page left.  I dithered because of the Covid thing: would I need a new one, would the UK Passport Office be understaffed or overwhelmed?  The Passport Office website said 10-12 weeks for delivery.  So last Friday I sent off my stuff on the internet and the old passport went off in the post. This morning the new one arrived.  Exactly one week for the whole process. Utterly amazing.  And it’s Blue and British!  But fewer pages than the old ones - only 28.

DSC_0016.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I have been dithering about renewing my passport which expired next March and only had 1 empty page left.  I dithered because of the Covid thing: would I need a new one, would the UK Passport Office be understaffed or overwhelmed?  The Passport Office website said 10-12 weeks for delivery.  So last Friday I sent off my stuff on the internet and the old passport went off in the post. This morning the new one arrived.  Exactly one week for the whole process. Utterly amazing.  And it’s Blue and British!  But fewer pages than the old ones - only 28.

DSC_0016.jpg

When the page numbers go down it's a government message that they don't think you'll be paying taxes for too much longer. 🙂

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fletcher said:

DSC_0016.jpg

Looks black in that photo. Is it a very dark blue? 

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Looks black in that photo. Is it a very dark blue? 

Yes, Royal blue perhaps.  I'm hugely impressed by government agencies at the moment - not only did the passport office process my application in a week, the DVLA (car licensing dept) sent me a cheque for the unused portion of an annual car tax within four days or my selling my old car and buying a new one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Yes, Royal blue perhaps.  I'm hugely impressed by government agencies at the moment - not only did the passport office process my application in a week, the DVLA (car licensing dept) sent me a cheque for the unused portion of an annual car tax within four days or my selling my old car and buying a new one. 

Just to put the record straight - the new/old British passport is Navy Blue, i.e. very dark blue; Royal Blue is lighter and much brighter.  t least that is how they are described in the UK.  Something most women would know, but understandably perhaps chaps might not.

Lola

• Like 2