Carnival Check In question

cruiserll

I can check in online for my cruise next week but I haven't received my passports yet. Does anyone know if I can go ahead and check in online using my birth certificate and then update the check in information once I receive my passport?

Thanks!

Newbie here....what all is involved in online checkin? Is that different than what we do 60 days in advance? I have only cruised Disney and I do not recall needing any actual documents handy when I did the online checkin...

Newbie here....what all is involved in online checkin? Is that different than what we do 60 days in advance? I have only cruised Disney and I do not recall needing any actual documents handy when I did the online checkin...
Once you pay in full you complete the online check in and receive your check in time for the day you sail. The sooner you complete the online check in, the earlier your check in time is for the day of departure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Once you pay in full you complete the online check in and receive your check in time for the day you sail. The sooner you complete the online check in, the earlier your check in time is for the day of departure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You are incorrect. You can select an arrival appointment beginning 90 days prior to sailing but you do not have to complete your online check-in to do so. You also can check-in before you make final payment. Arrival appointments are selected by the passenger, not assigned by Carnival. Many passengers like to arrive as early as possible and this helps prevent everyone arriving at the same time.

Don't forget that unless you are platinum or diamond, you won't have access to your cabin until 1:30 which means you have to keep your carry on items with you until then.

You are incorrect. You can select an arrival appointment beginning 90 days prior to sailing but you do not have to complete your online check-in to do so. You also can check-in before you make final payment. Arrival appointments are selected by the passenger, not assigned by Carnival. Many passengers like to arrive as early as possible and this helps prevent everyone arriving at the same time.

Don't forget that unless you are platinum or diamond, you won't have access to your cabin until 1:30 which means you have to keep your carry on items with you until then.

Thank you. I see my check-in date as September 24th on the Carnival website. I have that in my calendar, LOL. I know that's when I select Port arrival. Do I need passport or birth certificates or other documents available for when I complete the online check-in? I thought that was what OP was referring to...

Thank you. I see my check-in date as September 24th on the Carnival website. I have that in my calendar, LOL. I know that's when I select Port arrival. Do I need passport or birth certificates or other documents available for when I complete the online check-in? I thought that was what OP was referring to...

You don't need them to start the process, but until you do fill in the info correctly you can not print the individual boarding passes. You have until the night before the departure day to complete or edit the online check-in process and print out your boarding passes.

If traveling with others not in your household I would strongly suggest as long as they are adults is to have them do their own online check-in. They just need to register at Carnival.com. Also make sure if issued separate booking #s that 1 person, as the group or family coordinator, has all the bookings linked to theirs.

You don't need them to start the process, but until you do fill in the info correctly you can not print the individual boarding passes. You have until the night before the departure day to complete or edit the online check-in process and print out your boarding passes.

If traveling with others not in your household I would strongly suggest as long as they are adults is to have them do their own online check-in. They just need to register at Carnival.com. Also make sure if issued separate booking #s that 1 person, as the group or family coordinator, has all the bookings linked to theirs.

Thank you! The only reason online check-ins on my calendar is because I want as early of an arrival time as possible, LOL.

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. I basically want to go ahead and select arrival time next week and then I can complete my check-in once I receive passports.

I can check in online for my cruise next week but I haven't received my passports yet. Does anyone know if I can go ahead and check in online using my birth certificate and then update the check in information once I receive my passport?

Thanks!

Yes you can always edit.