250 mins free Wifi

JellyBean07

I would imagine being non US residents we would need a talk and text data plan from our service provider for our cruise sailing out of NYC throughout New England and on to Canada in order to use this. Can someone please confirm? Do you need this perk if you want to use ‘What’s APP’ to stay in touch with the folks back home? Are these minutes per cabin or per person? Can you use them for an iPad or just a cell phone? Would you being using these minutes for Instagram?

It's 250 minutes of satellite internet access on the ship's WiFi network, and it is per stateroom. If you are only using your phone to access the internet with it in "airplane mode" you don't need to do anything with the service plan. If your planning to make or receive calls through cell at sea, don't it's expensive. If you can do WiFi calling I imagine you can use that, don't know for certain, I don't have the necessity to keep in touch when on vacation, and just check message's in port. There are no limit's on what type of device you can connect with. However only one device can be logged on at any one time.

You use the wifi in place of your phone data plan when you are on the ship.

You get 250 per room. You have to log on and log off every time you use the service.

Your telephone service and data plan may be very, very, very expensive to use on a cruise ship. (i.e., leave your phone in airplane mode whilst on the ship). You may be able to get a international plan to use while you are in port.

Can anyone confirm if you can use an onboard credit toward purchasing a Wifi package? My travel agent said she believes so, but I would like to know for sure and I'm not finding anything on the Norwegian site that indicates this is the case. I'll need to keep in touch via FaceTime with a relative at home. Thanks

Can anyone confirm if you can use an onboard credit toward purchasing a Wifi package? My travel agent said she believes so, but I would like to know for sure and I'm not finding anything on the Norwegian site that indicates this is the case. I'll need to keep in touch via FaceTime with a relative at home. Thanks

Yes , OBC to purchase Internet time.

Face Time may be a problem due to internet speed but I can't confirm.

The ship's WiFi is generally much slower than land based WiFi connection. And sometimes it is not in service. As mentioned, you do have to log on and off every time you use it. Otherwise the minutes of use keep running. Overall, it is not as convenient and useful as you might be expecting. If you do mess up and accidentally use minutes by not signing off, the internet manager will generally restore them for you.....one time.

The advice I give normally, possibly cuts my own throat, is to use the WiFi between 5 and 7 AM! I have friends who do all their work between those times. Other than that is the afternoon when people are sleeping or ashore and a third during the early evening when people are eating or at a show.