suggested tour times for Sagrada Familia and Park Guell

CCJack

our ship arrives at 7 am. We are planning on pre purchasing tour tickets to SF and PG. Plan on taking the metro to get there. I am wondering which to do first? Likely SF first assuming morning crowds are less at SF. We will be there in December so may not be peak season anyway. Perhaps a 10 am SF and a 1 pm PG?

Also, the Sagrada Familia website offers tickets for guided tours or audio tour with tower, but not a guided tour plus tower. Am I reading this correctly? Ideally guided tour with tower visit would be ideal.

We have actually been to SF but before the towers were open for climbing. But never been to PG. Not sure how long to allow at each place.

Ideally some free time afterwards would be good as we make our way back to the ship.

thanks.

I can't speak to the quality of this tour yet but I will be doing this at the end of the month, includes tower access.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Sagrada-Familia-Afternoon-Tour-with-optional-Towers-Access/d562-22869P57

Our plan is doing that in the morning, find a spot for lunch, then go to Park Guell (still undecided on doing the monumental core at the moment). Hopefully if nothing else that gives you another idea of what to do. You said you're there in December so if you want to PM me I can get back to you about how this tour was.

We have actually been to SF but before the towers were open for climbing. But never been to PG. Not sure how long to allow at each place.

thanks.

We had timed tickets for a 10 am hour long tour of the monumental area of Parc Guell ( and that's what you need to see if you visit the park, otherwise it's just a park with trees and a view) and then spent another hour walking around the rest of the paid area before exiting the monumental area and walked the free area (uphill mainly) ,and then west to the rock pile mount with the cross (turo de les tres Creus) and then headed to the west exit where we had lunch at noon at the sandwich shop (Guelly sandwich park) at the top of the stairs/escalators (Baixada de la Gloria) before walking down to the Vallcarca metro station. So 2 hours for us just for the park, 1 hour for lunch and the walk down to the metro station, but we were trying to make a 2:15 entry time to Sagrada Familia , which we did with lots of extra time.

We had timed tickets for a 10 am hour long tour of the monumental area of Parc Guell ( and that's what you need to see if you visit the park, otherwise it's just a park with trees and a view) and then spent another hour walking around the rest of the paid area before exiting the monumental area and walked the free area (uphill mainly) ,and then west to the rock pile mount with the cross (turo de les tres Creus) and then headed to the west exit where we had lunch at noon at the sandwich shop (Guelly sandwich park) at the top of the stairs/escalators (Baixada de la Gloria) before walking down to the Vallcarca metro station. So 2 hours for us just for the park, 1 hour for lunch and the walk down to the metro station, but we were trying to make a 2:15 entry time to Sagrada Familia , which we did with lots of extra time.

Thanks for posting this. I had previously bought tickets for Sagrada Familia for 3 PM and just added the Park tickets for noon. It sounds like we will have time to travel between easily :D

Thanks for posting this. I had previously bought tickets for Sagrada Familia for 3 PM and just added the Park tickets for noon. It sounds like we will have time to travel between easily :D

SF gets really busy. You may want to get the earliest possible entry. You could spend several hours there. Then make your way to Park Guell either by taxi or Metro. The T-10 ticket if very reasonable and can be used for everyone in your party.

There is a guided tour you can sign up for with Park Guell that is about 7 euros + entry fee. It lasts about an hour. Not sure of the times.

You could also find a tour using Tripadvisor or Viator that would guide you through both sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure out what time to purchase tickets for Parc Guell. I just booked a guided tour at Sangrada Familia for 10:00AM. I know I want plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful church (inside and out). We will be there on October 8, 2018.

What would be a good time to get tickets for Parc Guell with guided tour? Giving us plenty of time to see SF, grab lunch and then get to Parc Guell.

Thank you for the help.

Howard

I should be fine. The closest available time to what we wanted is 4:00PM which will work out great. No need to rush around.

this way, we can have time to visit Parc Guell, relax for a little bit and then get changed for dinner.