Leaving on Oasis this Sunday Star Class...anyone interested in live review?

amybk27

Sure, go to Guest Services and fill out a form.

Thanks Bob! Wasn't sure if it was allowed. I vaguely recall something about ncl(?) categorizing OBCs from TA as non-refundable, and can't be used to pay gratuity... or something like that.

If you had shots and champagne delivered, does that mean you can get mixed drinks and wine by the glass delivered?

Any miniatures in the fridge?

You can order one drink per person of age in the room. They also have the cart that comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob! Wasn't sure if it was allowed. I vaguely recall something about ncl(?) categorizing OBCs from TA as non-refundable, and can't be used to pay gratuity... or something like that.

Royal has not done that ... yet. As of today, both kinds of OBC can be used to offset any charges to the onboard account.

Well, we are back at the house in Orlando. Met Joyce at the car on the Promenade at 8, pulled into the driveway at 9:15. Most stress free, easy debarkation ever. We put our luggage out at 6:30, then headed to Coastal Kitchen for our last Star Class meal [emoji30].

The bar staff came around at 3:20 every day to the Suite. There was a list of about 6-8 drinks they would make. They took our order then disappeared and reappeared in 5 minutes or so with the drinks. Since our suite is a mile and a half from anywhere, I think the “cart” was somewhere else. A fizzical, two raspberry brambles, and two black raspberry sidecars usually did the trick !

We did price out a similar experience for next August, but prices are significantly higher. Allure is 50% higher, Harmony is 75% higher and Symphony is more than double what we paid for this trip. Same cabin, same week. I have noticed that the Harmony prices from Port Canaveral are noticeably higher.

I am posting all of my pictures to Flikr, and will post the link here when I am done in about a day.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mac..you might want to check Oasis prices just before and after dry dock. I was able to book 9730 on Oasis for March 2020 for about $3000pp. It will be even lower if we can get KSF again. I booked in January this year. Prices have stayed pretty consistent since January.

When either of you Amy or mac went to the specialty restaurant did you tip the waiters?

We always tipped extra. Depending on service tipped between $15-25. They really do go above and beyond at most places.

Please come back and tell us how the debarkation process worked.

Debarkation was different on the Oasis than on the Allure. On the Allure we arranged a time with our Genie. She came to our room at that set time with a porter. They put our luggage on and we walked off the ship with it.

On the Oasis, we arranged for a 7:45 debarkation. Hannah told us to put our luggage out at 6:45. We put it out and ate lunch at the suite lounge. We came back to our room to find coffee delivered for us without asking. We then met Hannah at the elevators and she walks you right off to meet the porter with you luggage and right to customs. We were off and at our shuttle in under 10 minutes.

I am going to post an overall review and comparison to Allure later tonight.

We always tipped extra. Depending on service tipped between $15-25. They really do go above and beyond at most places.

Same for us. We had 6-8 at a few meals so went up to $40.

mac_tlc

Mac..you might want to check Oasis prices just before and after dry dock. I was able to book 9730 on Oasis for March 2020 for about $3000pp. It will be even lower if we can get KSF again. I booked in January this year. Prices have stayed pretty consistent since January.

Unfortunately, my daughter is a teacher so we are stuck with end of June - 3rd week in August. :(

mac_tlc

How many people on that $3000 PP booking? Four?

Yes. $12,700 and some. I should also include that when we booked in January there was a Star savings of $1000 and I also got a significant TA discount. But still good enough of a deal to make me grab it. Especially since it's after dry dock.

That's about what we're paying for our Star on Oasis in March. Four people.

I looked at some other prices for just the two of us for 2020.

A Star Loft was around 7K+ PP.

I could book a Royal Loft Suite on Harmony now for our upcoming trip for a total of $14,000 for 2 adults and 2 children or $9k and change more than the $4700 I paid for the GS we are booked in. Gave it some thought but it seems like a waste.