Mariner ?

springtx249

Just to jump in on this thread with a quick question...

I'm a first time HAL cruiser but have sailed with other Carnival brands (Princess, Costa, Cunard, P&O). Comments on here suggest that makes me a 1-star mariner?

How would I go about registering for the HAL loyalty scheme and linking those past cruises?

Contact the Mariner Society. They'll give you a Mariner number based on your cruises with other CCL brands. You will be considered a 1 Star Mariner with 0 Cruise days. Your other cruises won't really count towards your Mariner status, other than the fact that you'll be considered a 1 Star Mariner.

Contact the Mariner Society. They'll give you a Mariner number based on your cruises with other CCL brands. You will be considered a 1 Star Mariner with 0 Cruise days. Your other cruises won't really count towards your Mariner status, other than the fact that you'll be considered a 1 Star Mariner.

Thanks for the info :)

You may already have a Mariner number. Go to gthe HAL sie and call up you reservation f you see one s stgar at ypur name, yu will know they have you registered.

OR

Call Mariners Society, 1-800- 547-9139

How would I go about registering for the HAL loyalty scheme and linking those past cruises?
There's not much benefit to being a 1-star anyway. (See https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html ) The biggest probably is an invitation to the Mariner Brunch, but as several posters here have inferred you can probably crash that uninvited! :rolleyes:

Mariner benefits are minimal until the four star level. I would not waste five minutes lining up for the mariner lunch as it is standard Holland America food in a crowded, noisy setting.

Somehow, lots of people think they are getting something extra.

Once in a while I clean out a junk drawer and find a tile.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the Mariner luncheon on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Embarkation lunch that used to be only for Mariners is now open to all. It is just like any other lunch in the MDR. The Mariner's Brunch where the tiles are given out and there is usually a little talk by the Captain and/or HD and/or CD is normally on the last sea day.

Is the Mariner luncheon on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have been on a Holland America Cruise before you will get an invite to the luncheon, it will be in your mailbox by your cabin door, or the stewards might leave it on your bed. If this is your first cruise, I guess you could always go to guest services and find out when it is. I always enjoy going and seeing the captain and cruise director, and also listening to their speeches. Also we collect the tiles.:)