Beach Safe

charlielinda

We’re taking a cruise where I know we will be visiting 6 ports where we plan to go to the beach. I was thinking of purchasing a safe that can be locked and locked to a lounge chair. Has anyone used one or seen them being used? I thought it would be good for going in the water so we dont have to take all valuables in the water. Thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsfda594c35d8de8d2bd45d0830e3c9ee5.jpg

Edited by charlielinda

We’re taking a cruise where I know we will be visiting 6 ports where we plan to go to the beach. I was thinking of purchasing a safe that can be locked and locked to a lounge chair. Has anyone used one or seen them being used? I thought it would be good for going in the water so we dont have to take all valuables in the water. Thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I realize that this isn't quite what you were asking and apologize for that, but to deal with a similar issue of how to i keep wallet, phone etc safe AND enjoy the water, I found a recommendation for the Mpow Waterproof phone pouch dry bag and ordered 2 from Amazon. They're awesome. That way I keep everything on me at all times and it all stays dry.

Have a great trip!

I found a recommendation for the Mpow Waterproof phone pouch dry bag and ordered 2 from Amazon. They're awesome. That way I keep everything on me at all times and it all stays dry.

Have a great trip!

Thanks. They seem to get great reviews so I just ordered 2. Appreciate the recommendation.

First, don't take anything of value unless absolutely necessary. I'd then agree with those suggesting the waterproof pouches. They come in various sizes - some hang around the neck, or attach to the wrist, or fit around your waist. For something like a phone (if you must take it), I'd double the protection by sealing it in a ziplock bag first, then in the waterproof pouch.

The safes that attach to the chairs might work in some circumstances, but it depends on the beach and the chair. In some places, someone could just pick up the whole chair and move it to a location where they can work on the safe in private.

Kartgv, in regards to your comment about cell phones, lease remember that most people now use their cell phones as cameras now. I know I do when I am in port. Carry only one item, have notes on my phone about the port, if I find free WiFi then I can call home if I feel the need.

Charlielinda, I have one of those safes, used it just a few times. Use the waterproof pouches. Better yet, DH does not go in the water so he keeps guard on our things. If you really have some large items to protect, like "real" cameras, Pacsafe has great expandable portable safes. I have one that we used when we started cruising years ago. The cable is long enough to wrap around a small tree trunk. It kept our 35mm camera and wallets safe when DH did go in the water. The one I have is open mesh but they now come in many sizes and look like pouches or backpacks.

1 Review

Pacsafe 55L backpack and bag protector

/10170999.html $79.95 USD Pacsafe_85L_10180999_Neutral.jpg?sw=210&sh=210

I just use / travel with a light weight cable with eyelet's at each end which I use to wrap around something immovable and use a lock to secure it to my closed back pack.

attachment.php?attachmentid=410491&stc=1&d=1504475187

So far so good, I suppose if a thief really wanted to he/she could steal my stuff, but why go through the trouble and extra fuss when there'll be other opportunities that are less problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsfda594c35d8de8d2bd45d0830e3c9ee5.jpg

I just bought this for our upcoming cruise next month. It’s roomy but a bit heavy.

Kartgv, in regards to your comment about cell phones, lease remember that most people now use their cell phones as cameras now. I know I do when I am in port. Carry only one item, have notes on my phone about the port, if I find free WiFi then I can call home if I feel the need.

Charlielinda, I have one of those safes, used it just a few times. Use the waterproof pouches. Better yet, DH does not go in the water so he keeps guard on our things. If you really have some large items to protect, like "real" cameras, Pacsafe has great expandable portable safes. I have one that we used when we started cruising years ago. The cable is long enough to wrap around a small tree trunk. It kept our 35mm camera and wallets safe when DH did go in the water. The one I have is open mesh but they now come in many sizes and look like pouches or backpacks.

1 Review

Pacsafe 55L backpack and bag protector

/10170999.html $79.95 USD Pacsafe_85L_10180999_Neutral.jpg?sw=210&sh=210

I have this as well, and was able to put quite a few things inside it, and wrap around two lounge chair legs (harder to carry two chairs) and also to a tree, and to a bicycle basket/front tire and frame. It works great

I bought a Kyss bag (http://www.kyssbags.com) a couple of years ago and have been very happy with it. It attaches to your chair or a nearby pole or tree. It is very sturdy and I also use it as my carry-on bag for air travel because I can stick my purse, phone, iPad and miscellaneous items in it.

Love my KYSS bag! Goes a lot of places with us, not just for travel. In fact, it’s headed to our local beach tomorrow.

question for those with kyssbags....are they slash proof? Pac-safe bags have wires inside so that the bags cannot be slashed. It looks like the kyssbags can be cut/slashed. I see it says rip stop but not slash proof.

What are pac safe bags? Do you have a link for purchase

Seems to me those things probably do a better job advertising that you have something valuable you worry about getting stolen than they do protecting your valuables. As stated before, don’t take anything valuable with you, and if you absolutely need to, put it in a dry box you can hang around your neck