Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

The web site was fixed but I still have my reservation for 2 nights Feb 08!

There is no way the hotel will honor that rate, even in good faith, when every other dump in town is getting $200 per night. It is peak season in South Florida during February.

Moderate hotel rooms are going for $300+ at that time.

I strongly suggest you get a back up plan if you don't have one.

Don't you guys worry about us who knows if we'll decide to stay there or not, but we will have a back up plan either way......Feb 08 is a long way away!

For $9.52 canadian for 2 nights "the entertainment value is very good"!

:D

There is no way the hotel will honor that rate, even in good faith, when every other dump in town is getting $200 per night. It is peak season in South Florida during February.

Moderate hotel rooms are going for $300+ at that time.

I strongly suggest you get a back up plan if you don't have one.

I personally called the hotel and confirmed my reservation, I did not mention the price and neither did they, but they confirmed they had a reservation for me and the others I booked.:rolleyes:

I booked one of those $2.00 rooms for Jan. 4th. After I booked it, I read the reviews on tripadvisor. Hearing about the bad location and the many prostitutes in the area made me think that maybe it would be better to spend a little more and at least enjoy the hotel we are staying in for the night. I took a chance with Hotwire and am staying at the Bahia Mar for $149.00. Hearing mixed reviews about the Bahia Mar, I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

USCTrogans_fan,

What were the icons showing on hotwire? Do you remember? Looking for a hotel for 29 feb 08 and would be happy to get the same as you for $149.00

Thanks

Hi monicajay, I purchased the 3-Star Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area. I just checked again and it is showing for $189.00. Good luck with your search and let me know what hotel you get if you decide to go through hotwire.

Decided to hold off on hotwire, I find the prices very high for now. Booked the Comfort Suites Airport/cruiseport for $167.00 . This includes, shuttle from airport and shuttle to port and breakfast. This is for 2 adults and 2 kids (teens). This rate can be cancelled up to the day before so I will watch both Hotwire and Priceline to see if there is anything good coming up.

Anyone here know about this hotel? reviews are very mixed.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been swamped trying to catch up since I got back. We had a great stay on 4/13. Got to the airport in FLL, called the hotel for the shuttle pick up and he

was there

in about 10 minutes. Short hop to the hotel, courteous, friendly staff, nice large clean room with free high speed

Internet

in the room and

wireless

in the lobby. Drug store next store to the hotel and mall across the street. Great Mexican & Italian restaurants in the mall. Very good free breakfast at the

hotel

in the AM. Make an appointment for the shuttle to the pier as soon as you check in, they fill up fast. Would stay there again anytime.

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites Airport at exit #22 off I-95 for a 1-night pre-cruise stay on 5/5/07. We thought the hotel was quite good. I would recommend this for a night or two.

The rooms were quite large, with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa (twin size bed). The pool and jacuzzi were outdoors and were very nice.

Our group had 2 rooms, with 1 on the highway side of the building and one on the opposite side. Wife, kids, and I had the room on the highway side. I was initially worried that there would be noise from the highway, but I didn't notice it at all.

The only bad thing about the hotel was the water was a bit brownish. We called to complain, and they sent maintenance to the room. 2 guys came up, and they said the color was because of the heavy chlorination in the water. Not sure if this is a constant problem or not - we have this problem with our home water about 1 week out of the year because of extra chlorination. They did provide us some bottled water for drinking (at no charge).

There was a pretty good free breakfast in the morning, but of course it was quite busy. There is also a Burger King within easy walking distance (without having to cross any busy streets).

My family drove down, but my in-laws flew into FLL and used the hotel shuttle, which they said was on-time. We all piled into my vehicle for the short ride to the port, so we didn't use the shuttle to the port.

We ate at a nearby restaurant called Las Vegas for dinner, which was supposedly Cuban cuisine. We thought the food was quite boring (I thought Cuban food would be spicier) and overpriced.

Just another question---How far is the port from the airport and are there any places nearby to stop & get water & soda to take onboard ?

3 miles and there are lots of places to get supplies along 17th St. Near the pier. :)

The airport, FLL and the pier, Port Everglades are almost adjacent to one another. There are plenty of shops on SE 17th Street for that sort of thing. I would imagine any cabdriver would be willing to make stops for you to stock up.

The cab ride from FLL to the pier, and reverse, is about 15 dollars. I was told recently that this fee was a fixed price and set by City ordinance.

Put this linkup on another thread, but will be perfect here. For a overhead view of the Fort Lauderdale area and cruise center, go to:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=kx6LftZppI%2fK4TUnYwIfSQ%3d%3d&longitude=Na3U2NPEohMFInubq9ERzQ%3d%3d&name=Lake%20Mabel&country=US&address=&city=Fort%20Lauderdale&state=FL&zipcode=&phone=&spurl=0&&q=lake%20mabel&qc=Lake

After the site loads, switch to the “aerial view” the ship in the upper left quadrant is a Princess ship. Zoom out and the airport will be to the left.

Just another question---How far is the port from the airport and are there any places nearby to stop & get water & soda to take onboard ?

It's under three miles to Port Everglades from FLL. Tell the cabbie you want to got to the Harbor Shoppes on SE 17th Street (behind the Embassy Suites). Located in the shopping center is a Publix Supermarket as well as Total Wine & More (the Home Depot of liquor stores). The cabbie will wait for you while you shop, from the shopping center to the port is about three minutes away. ;)

The port at Ft. Lauderdale is only minutes from the airport. There are plenty of restaurants and other places to purchase water, food exe before you get to the airport. There are a number of places along the 17th st. causeway where you can purchase all kinds of things. The ft. lauderdale airport is terrible for food.

We stayed at the ESA Apr. 29th and it was fine. Room was very clean and it would been have good for a stay for more days. Close restaurants and stores. We recommend it to all. Price was right too.

This will be our parents first cruise and I think they'd enjoy being able to see the ships in port and all. Are there any good and reasonably priced hotels in this area? We'll need 4 rooms probably.

Thanks in advance.

This will be our parents first cruise and I think they'd enjoy being able to see the ships in port and all. Are there any good and reasonably priced hotels in this area? We'll need 4 rooms probably.

Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of hotels already mentioned in this thread to look at. Go to the beginning of the thread, look at the hotels and then check the hotel websites for prices.

The only 2 hotels that I am sure have a view of the port are the Grand and the Pier 66. I just wanted to make sure those were the only 2 - I could spend weeks checking each hotels website to see if they have the view I'm looking for. Are these the only 2 hotels with a view of the ships?

Archived