Select dinning not available?

Last time we were in the MDR we had early seating by choice, Had a.table for 6.. One couple came late first 3 nites...no reason, no apology.

.There's just so.much celery and bread to pass the time when everyone at other tables were eating salads, soup etc.

..we and other cpl just told the server to start the orders promptly so we could enjoy our dinner in a timely fashion and get on to the show or evening events..

Felt bad for our servers but were determined not to be victims of our selfish tablemates..

Servers like to get orders in on time so even if just a tbl for 2, I,d ask them up front if being late each nite is okay with them...

Everyone can run late now and then, but they decided 1/2 later than the assigned time worked best for them and apparently failed to get how their tardiness affected others, esp when they saw us eating our courses ahead of their arrival.

This was before Anytime, My Time and Select options...they would've been perfect for that.

I hope OP can work with the maitre d for a solution.,.it usually works out by day 2....