Little French Key - Roatan

RW_MI

We, too love LFK. Been there 3 times and will go again on our next visit to Roatan. As an FYI for those who aren't comfortable with the walk up and over the hill to get to your excursion transportation, you can get a cab for $2/pp. When you return, the LFK driver will be allowed to enter the port. :)

We, too love LFK. Been there 3 times and will go again on our next visit to Roatan. As an FYI for those who aren't comfortable with the walk up and over the hill to get to your excursion transportation, you can get a cab for $2/pp. When you return, the LFK driver will be allowed to enter the port. :)

When were you last there? Curious, because last time we were there, they wouldn't let us walk up the hill - had to take the stairs they built.

Knowing that you don't pay up front is really helpful, especially since I'm probably going to go all out and get the package that includes the Jaguar interaction.

Btw, firemanbobswife, your Glory review was what reminded me that I'd wanted to look into LFK. You've posted so much helpful information - a special thanks to you!

You should be able to purchase any options you want once there, including the jaguar. You might want to contact LFK and ask. No need to go all out unless you want to.

You should be able to purchase any options you want once there, including the jaguar. You might want to contact LFK and ask. No need to go all out unless you want to.

They have pretty much eliminated this option and you now have to get the VIP package. There were too many people wanting to interact with the jaguars and they were getting stressed. However, if it’s a low turn out day and not many people have the VIP package, then it could be an option. But if you want it guaranteed, you need to do VIP.

Someone on our roll call posted a different link related to this sad LFK news:

Headline is " Fire Destroys Popular Caribbean Cruise Port Destination"

https://cruiseradio.net/fire-destroys-popular-caribbean-cruise-destination/

There are some threads on this over in the Roatan section. Yes they had a fire, no they are not shut down for good. They will reopen tomorrow. The Beach House along with a bar, and some other structures along the middle of the island along with the rope swinging platform were destroyed. The buildings such as the pizza place and others around the water's edge are still there along with the right side of the island when looking at it from the mainland.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, tandemcruzr said:

We, too love LFK. Been there 3 times and will go again on our next visit to Roatan. As an FYI for those who aren't comfortable with the walk up and over the hill to get to your excursion transportation, you can get a cab for $2/pp. When you return, the LFK driver will be allowed to enter the port. 🙂

We are looking to go there next week.  I just saw that the transport time is an hour each way, is this accurate?  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Fun Loving said:

I believe Celebrity uses Coxen Hole

Then you will have a longer ride but no walking “over the hill” mentioned above.

Easy to map out on google maps to visualize.

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Lindancer said:

Does anyone know if we can just take a taxi from the cruise dock (Coxen Hole)?  All I am seeing are packages, starting at $69 pp, which means $207 for 3 people who just want to go to a pretty beach.  What am I missing here?  

The admission cost to LFK.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, Lindancer said:

Does anyone know if we can just take a taxi from the cruise dock (Coxen Hole)?  All I am seeing are packages, starting at $69 pp, which means $207 for 3 people who just want to go to a pretty beach.  What am I missing here?  

Little French Key has a horrible reputation.

https://insightcrime.org/news/analysis/jaguar-king-honduras-little-french-key/?fbclid=IwAR2DSqsotlUSORUy5Hiwfm8PExeHa5ZVycVTDm8SXywFtOmkycAql7cLkiM

If you seek a beautiful beach perhaps West Bay. The cruise ships offer Tabyana and several resorts offer day passes plus transport. Also there is good reef snorkeling steps from your Tabyana Lounger or a day pass at Infinity Bay.