Tendering at HMC - what to expect?

Joebucks

Check out the drone footage!
OMG!!! That was amazing!!! I've been to HMC several times and it's one of my favorite ports. Going again in about a month with 2 girlfriends who have never been...can't wait to show them this. Thanks!

Thanks for that awesome video! I don't think I have been as excited for a port as I am for this one, nor will I ever be. It looks perfect. From the gorgeous surroundings, to the "private" setting, to not having to pay for a taxi to get somewhere nice. I cannot wait anymore! I do wish they built a dock here.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, duegwb said:

Where do you go to get tender tickets from?

On the morning of your arrival at HMC, listen to the CD's announcements. You'll most likely be directed to the ship's theater. There will be staff members at the entrance to the theater handing out numbered tickets to people as they arrive. Get your ticket(s) then go sit down and wait for your number(s) to be called. Be patient, and try not to get upset with those that try to push ahead on the stairway leading down to Deck One where you board the tenders.

The tenders are 300 and 100 people size, it goes quickly! If you have an excursion, you will be off early!

Getting back on in the afternoon goes slower but not terribly! :P Enjoy! Love HMC!

Edited by Ziggy7

Last August we were on the Breeze along with 4400+ other passengers.  We booked a private excursion at Grand Cayman...a tender port.  IIRC the tenders started running at 0700.  I did not listen for any announcements and did not get any tender tickets. About 0800 my family of four headed down to deck 0 and were about 10 people deep in line for the next tender.  We were on shore in no time.  The longest "delay" was just waiting for the tender boat to fill-up with fellow cruisers.  

But I can imagine initially it is a rat race with all the Platinums, Diamonds and FTTF trying to get "theirs".

Edited by Badfinger

On 8/28/2018 at 1:11 PM, CheckersMidwest said:

We loved HMC. We had a cabana and FTTF, which was nice getting to it quickly. However, the line back was really long and in the hot sun. No shade for the most part. Our daughter has low sodium, of course it drops worse when she sweats. She was fine when we got in line but by the time we got to the tender she was almost lathargic. A nice man offered us an orange,which I cut & squeezed into her mouth while she laid on one of the benches. We had a terrible time getting her to the room. Once she was cooled off, showered,and ate she was ok again. I was so mad, not one carnival employee offered assistance or asked if she was ok. I guess they just assumed she was drunk. No. I'm hoping they'll build some kind of shelter with a shade over the top . I bet we stood in direct sun for an hour. Next time, we'll just sit in the shade by the tender station until the very last minute when all the other people are gone then we'll get in line.

This complaint must be from a visit before the shaded waiting area was built.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:26 AM, Crusin4Susan said:

Check out the drone footage!

OMG!!! That was amazing!!! I've been to HMC several times and it's one of my favorite ports. Going again in about a month with 2 girlfriends who have never been...can't wait to show them this. Thanks!

By the way, this footage is from before the hurricane damaged Half Moon Cay a year ago.

The end of the beach with the slides is completely gone. Unless HAL decided to do further damage to the seabed by dredging sand to rebuild the beach, it is still non-existent.

Unless the boardwalk to the private Oasis has been rebuilt, the only access is to walk along the tender channel and then cross over to the back of the Oasis.

• Like 1

We have an excursion booked for around 11.  I would imagine we would just meet in the theater or wherever the meeting point is and be taken ashore from there.  Is there a shaded area when you're waiting in line to return to the ship?

16 minutes ago, duegwb said:

We have an excursion booked for around 11.  I would imagine we would just meet in the theater or wherever the meeting point is and be taken ashore from there.  Is there a shaded area when you're waiting in line to return to the ship?

At that time, it will be open tendering and you will meet on shore.

I take it you didn't read the thread before posting your question about shade. Your answer lies somewhere within the last three posts.

13 hours ago, Badfinger said:

But I can imagine initially it is a rat race with all the Platinums, Diamonds and FTTF trying to get "theirs".

We self-entitled Diamonds and Platinums have s separate, super secret process to beat you to the tenders and "get ours", so you should be more concerned about non-priority guests who are trying to get tender stickers for everyone else in their party who won't be awake or ready in time to go ashore when their number is called:classic_wink:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, SurfCat said:

Is there a separate line for Diamond/Plat/FTTF for later tenders or is the only perk being priority on one of the first boats?

Just on the first couple. Crowding in the beginning. Later on not so much. Boarding first are Villas folks, weddings and excursions. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

We self-entitled Diamonds and Platinums have s separate, super secret process to beat you to the tenders and "get ours", so you should be more concerned about non-priority guests who are trying to get tender stickers for everyone else in their party who won't be awake or ready in time to go ashore when their number is called:classic_wink:

We usually wait it out and have a leisurely breakfast before heading over for a few ours.  Then we come back early and relax / shower before dinner.  

• Like 1