Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

A few more of our day at Bora Bora among the sharks and stingrays. I'm taking advantage of the Internet working!

BB4a.JPG

One of many stingrays.

BB4c.JPG

Black tip reef sharks which apparently don't want to eat people. No Australian will believe that!

BB5.JPG

BB8.JPG

A big guy band greeted us on the jetty.

BB10.JPG

Just about perfect.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 2

By the sounds emanating from below our suite the Lady Whisper is in the process of anchoring off the coast of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands.  Whether or not tenders will operate has yet to be determined.  The skies do not look encouraging right now.

DSC05476.JPG.1794657e6759c2a8d3803a96be5b9ab0.JPG

DSC05478.JPG.72719d7ffcbe8acafbcbd10c0dafe815.JPG 

Today is a sea day.  The theme of this WC is A Tale of Tales.  The second Tale Teller gave his presentation today.  Saroo Brierly is the author of "A Long Way Home" later re-issued as "Lion" and the basis of the movie by that name starring Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman.  The presentation was very well attended and Mr. Brierly signed copies of his book afterward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Today is a sea day.  The theme of this WC is A Tale of Tales.  The second Tale Teller gave his presentation today.  Saroo Brierly is the author of "A Long Way Home" later re-issued as "Lion" and the basis of the movie by that name starring Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman.  The presentation was very well attended and Mr. Brierly signed copies of his book afterward.

I highly recommend the movie Lion to anyone who hasn't yet seen it. By any chance, are they showing it onboard while he is with you? It is certainly quite a tale.

35 minutes ago, Unibok said:

I highly recommend the movie Lion to anyone who hasn't yet seen it. By any chance, are they showing it onboard while he is with you? It is certainly quite a tale.

I have heard a rumour that the movie will be screened but nothing has yet appeared in the Chronicles.  We'll have to wait and see.  🙂

• Like 1

Another sea day today.  Myster and I attended a Lunch and Learn with Chef David Bilsland.  We had Thai Pumpkin soup (chilled) with Crab Timbale, Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Dijon and Morels and David's Ultimate Chocolate Tart.  Each course was served with delicious wine.  Wonderful experience and absolutely yummy meal!

Tomorrow we will be in Neiafu, Vava'u Group, Tonga.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Wellseasoned said:

It sounds as if you are having a great cruise.  And Chef David's lunch and learns are always wonderful!  How long will he remain aboard?  One other repeat question:  Is Donato in charge of La Terrazza? 

Only 53 more days until we join you in Singapore! 

Looking forward to meeting you Wellseasoned!  I don't know if Donato is in charge of La Terrazza.  I'll attempt to find out.

For those interested there will be a screening of Lion in the show lounge today at 2:00 pm.  According to the program it runs 1 hour 58 minutes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mysty said:

Looking forward to meeting you Wellseasoned!  I don't know if Donato is in charge of La Terrazza.  I'll attempt to find out.

For those interested there will be a screening of Lion in the show lounge today at 2:00 pm.  According to the program it runs 1 hour 58 minutes.

Donato is in charge of La Terrazza as I believe he joined in Papeete.  Unfortunately the chef from last year in La Terrazza, Stefano, has left Silversea.  This Sunday is the first family night dinner in La Terrazza.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Donato is in charge of La Terrazza as I believe he joined in Papeete.  Unfortunately the chef from last year in La Terrazza, Stefano, has left Silversea.  This Sunday is the first family night dinner in La Terrazza.

Thanks DCC57!  We were hoping the Sunday family dinner night would return!  🙂 

6 hours ago, drron29 said:

Good news mysty.We are joining the Muse when you arrive in Sydney.Looking forward to David Bilsland's lunches.

Our loss is your gain drron29!  Enjoy!

From our amble around Neiafu today.....

DSC05524.thumb.JPG.89dcfb199166bce85f414c2a03cc610a.JPG

DSC05526.JPG.023153ce0ba6b13130c2621ce30db32f.JPG

DSC05530.JPG.89a7109ea62352ad488b7964fc3cb990.JPG

DSC05546.JPG.adbb6ea879dce8f5555a30e13b7fa91f.JPG

10 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Really sad to hear that Stefano has left SS, we always enjoyed his food and his humour. Who has replaced him?

Sea days do not make for interesting reading.  The high point yesterday was the Australia Day Cocktail Party.  I think there were more "friends of Australians" than Australians there.  Probably because Aussies are such friendly and engaging folk.  🙂  Dinner followed with two very charming lads from OZ.  Myster even dressed for the Formal Night.  That takes care of my one Formal per segment quota.

Unibok.....I was hoping someone more knowledgeable about Sunday Family Night would respond.  In 2016 we attended only two of these dinners and my memory is hazy.  I think the meal starts off with a salad/antipasto bar.  Waiters are dressed in white T-shirts and black trousers.  The Voices of Silversea come to sing.  Sometimes there is a conga line.  Very convivial!  Hopefully someone can add more info.  🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Can't you ask one of the staff about Sunday Family Night?

Mysty might, like us, be too busy enjoying her cruise? If you can hold on, and no one else responds, I will after tonight's dinner as we have a reservation.

And mysty, you and myster looked stunning last night!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, turtlemichael said:

Mysty might, like us, be too busy enjoying her cruise? If you can hold on, and no one else responds, I will after tonight's dinner as we have a reservation.

And mysty, you and myster looked stunning last night!

Thanks Turtle!  We do clean up quite well when the occasion demands!  🙂 You and Turtle 2 were looking very spiffy as well!

• Like 1

Mysty is correct about Sunday family night in La Terrazza.  After the antipasti, dinner is served family style with not a lot of choices.  I enjoy the meal, but I HATE the performance by the Voices of Silversea because they haven't learned to turn the volume down on their amplifiers.  It ruins what should be an enjoyable evening.  The room is small enough that if they are trained singers, they ought to know how to sing loudly enough so that their voices carry properly.  I have found the decibel level to be absolutely painful and despite saying something to Donato and Norman, the volume remains too high.  Does anyone else have the same complaint?

• Thanks 1