Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

Thanks Miss S.  I'll make sure to report on Papeete!

This morning Pico Iyer gave his first lecture.  It was very well attended and, based on the applause, his next lecture will be standing room only!  He is a fascinating person and a skilled orator.  If you missed this lecture you might consider attending his next.  His book "The Art of Stillness - Adventures in Going Nowhere" was included in our cruise package.  I brought the book with me to his lecture and he was gracious enough to sign it with a personal message.  There will be a future opportunity to have him sign at a later date.

hi all

We were expending our energises in getting answers for Collins quiz when some guests got up and looked out the window. Then the tannoy bing bonged aand the captain  anounced that we had stopped dead in the water.

WISIS

was it something i said

After 15 mins of silence from the engines they started up again and progress to our first port was resumed a little slower. The speed of ship has disappeared from the screen displays but with a little keyboard magic I found out we had been doing 20knots at times to catch up our late departure and this is reflected in over 460 miles each day,

As far as I can tell we are back up to normal speed and will arrive on time at our first port.

Others have given accounts of our days at sea but one comment is that the food in Terrattaza is superb but mdr has room for improvement speed is an issue at night it would seem according to regular wc's  that the staff who are usually on have been moved to Muse so we have many in training.

Only my 3 cents worth

Joe 

• Thanks 1

Internet access continues to be a challenge!

Last night we enjoyed a show called "Aparima" by Nuku Hiva entertainment.  Dance of the Gods and Haka Manu (Bird Dance).

DSC05315.JPG.c320e8145f0b8c29fb9ee043fcbbb1c7.JPG 

This was followed by a Polynesian dinner in the MDR.  Live music and dancing added to the ambiance.  Today is another sea day and tomorrow is Rangiroa.

Edited by mysty
  • Like 4

Day 12....Moorea!  We did a travel agent sponsored tour around the island today.  It was wonderful.

DSC05371.JPG.6f5525fef5d4892fe8787bfb901e19cd.JPG

Cook's Bay with Whisper:

DSC05390.JPG.4bf435bdc2d4c55c230ed614ca2321e1.JPG

Tahiti viewed from Moorea:

DSC05417.JPG.15ec29c2dec6d0aa84f46b38daa6cd04.JPG

And now for something completely different.....palm frond shadows:

DSC05419.JPG.393b5910899ac3523d68110034cc61f8.JPG

We had lunch at the Moorea Beach Cafe.  Food pics will be in the Watercooler.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Day 12....Moorea!  We did a travel agent sponsored tour around the island today.  It was wonderful.

DSC05371.JPG.6f5525fef5d4892fe8787bfb901e19cd.JPG

Oooooh Mysty. When I see this, I'm having second thoughts about South Georgia. :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday we were in Papeete.  The internet access was a challenge so this report is a little late.  There was a World Cruise event held.  We were bused to the grounds of the Museum of Tahiti and the Islands for lunch and entertainment.  Here is the greeting we received as we left the ship yesterday....

DSC05432.JPG.63ca0f4d605f788be83692abe5359279.JPG

Here is a picture of some of the dancers who entertained us.....

DSC05439.JPG.419b826d42ac2d4e97d86bc59edd44ed.JPG

Here is a pic of some of the appetizers served.....

DSC05434.JPG.e7ca644120c7cba8b2a9b4aae5e776b9.JPG

Here is a view of Moorea from the lunch site.....

DSC05450.JPG.480fa7fe3275af935f540db5e86ff059.JPG