Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

We arrive before noon in Dublin, I read boarding is at 4:00. Does Azamara allow early luggage drop off? Do you think “lost luggage” could be a problem? Or does anyone know of a luggage storage place in the port? 

12 minutes ago, rtdiva said:

We arrive before noon in Dublin, I read boarding is at 4:00. Does Azamara allow early luggage drop off? Do you think “lost luggage” could be a problem? Or does anyone know of a luggage storage place in the port? 

Boarding should be before 4 - usually from 2 at the latest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Boarding should be before 4 - usually from 2 at the latest.

Thanks, I just checked AZ web - check in is staggered depending on deck cabin placement 1:30-4:00.  Could be the port may have restaurants nearby; “whatsinport”. 

10 hours ago, rtdiva said:

We embarked from Dublin on Pursuit 6/13.  We are arrived at the port at noon and we were allowed to board around 12:30 pm,  

You should know there is no terminal at the port where Azamara docks.  There is only a tent.  you hand your luggage over as soon as you enter the gates.  You are directed to the tent to wait and your hand luggage goes thru X ray there.  The rest of your check in is done onboard the ship in the cabaret lounge.

Edited by takemewithyou

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

We embarked from Dublin on Pursuit 6/13.  We are arrived at the port at noon and we were allowed to board around 12:30 pm,  

You should know there is no terminal at the port where Azamara docks.  There is only a tent.  you hand your luggage over as soon as you enter the gates.  You are directed to the tent to wait and your hand luggage goes thru X ray there.  The rest of your check in is done onboard the ship in the cabaret lounge.

Thanks! Very helpful information from you. It states on the web boarding is staggered according to deck around 1:30. As with other ships I’m sure it’s allowed to board when you arrive.  

49 minutes ago, rtdiva said:

Thanks! Very helpful information from you. It states on the web boarding is staggered according to deck around 1:30. As with other ships I’m sure it’s allowed to board when you arrive.  

We had early boarding due to loyalty status, but they really weren’t checking that and people were arriving right from the airport and there really is no terminal to wait in so they were allowing everyone to just board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rtdiva said:

I believe you are probably doing the exact same itinerary that we just completed on 6/24 Ireland Intensive.  If you have any questions, I am happy to help.  It was a great cruise! 

You might also read our roll call Pursuit 6/13-6/24/23 for a lot of discussion on the port of Dublin, etc.

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I believe you are probably doing the exact same itinerary that we just completed on 6/24 Ireland Intensive.  If you have any questions, I am happy to help.  It was a great cruise! 

You might also read our roll call Pursuit 6/13-6/24/23 for a lot of discussion on the port of Dublin, etc.

Great! I read the Pursuits roll call, then posted on the Journeys page. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a laundry question that will affect my packing plans. I know there's self-service, and that I'll have one free bag per week. What I don't know: Is there dry cleaning onboard, for fancier or more delicate garments? And if not, would you send those things to be cold water washed in the laundry, or better to do them by hand? I'm specifically thinking of silks. I guess the bottom-line question is what the ship's laundry does best, and what to avoid sending them, to maximize the benefit of that one bag per week.

2 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

I have a laundry question that will affect my packing plans. I know there's self-service, and that I'll have one free bag per week. What I don't know: Is there dry cleaning onboard, for fancier or more delicate garments? And if not, would you send those things to be cold water washed in the laundry, or better to do them by hand? I'm specifically thinking of silks. I guess the bottom-line question is what the ship's laundry does best, and what to avoid sending them, to maximize the benefit of that one bag per week.

I would not let the ship's laundry anywhere near any delicates of the nature you describe, under any circumstances. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

I'd wash those by hand & hang them on a hanger on the line in the laundry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

Do you mean hang them in the laundry or your bathroom?  I certainly wouldn't be hanging my delicates in the guest laundry for all to see. LOL

Sorry - of course I meant bathroom - tho by delicates I meant my delicate evening tops & husbands golf type polo shirts!

My favorite alcoholic drinks are kahlua served in coffee and Fireball cinnamon whisky, are they offered as part of the offers onboard? I didn’t see either listed. 

Edited by rtdiva

5 hours ago, rtdiva said:

My favorite alcoholic drinks are kahlua served in coffee and Fireball cinnamon whisky, are they offered as part of the offers onboard? I didn’t see either listed. 

Kahlua is not part of the included package. I don’t know is that particular whisky is even available. 

13 hours ago, rtdiva said:

Kahlua is part of the Ultimate Beverage Package, so you will either need to purchase drinks individually or get that beverage package. No mention of Fireball that I see on any of the package offerings, so not sure about its availability.

• 2 weeks later...

ghstudios, in a topic about wine onboard, noted that they found out on Onward that there were alcohol free white, red and rose wines aboard in the included wines, although they were not on any wine list or drinks programme. I’ll add that into the tips spreadsheet.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 6:19 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

To save you scrolling through lots of pages here’s the link to the spreadsheet again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Wowie amazing info, thank you for your efforts. May I ask if you have a link or have you created a spreadsheet for cabins, reviews, hints, what to look out for etc? Once again  you are amazing . Pat 

9 hours ago, P&C said:

Wowie amazing info, thank you for your efforts. May I ask if you have a link or have you created a spreadsheet for cabins, reviews, hints, what to look out for etc? Once again  you are amazing . Pat 

No sorry, this is the only one for general viewing. There is one for cabins but I didn’t put it together and it’s no longer up to date.

I often put together a private roll call spreadsheet for cruises I’m doing.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 3:48 PM, P&C said:

17 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

No sorry, this is the only one for general viewing. There is one for cabins but I didn’t put it together and it’s no longer up to date.

I often put together a private roll call spreadsheet for cruises I’m doing.

I also really appreciate your work and diligence on doing this! I hope to meet you someday!

• Like 3