laundromat in Kodiak Ak

msptemp

Like above I would never waste my time in a place like Kodiak doing laundry. But to answer your question, I don’t recall much of anything being near the port, other than commercial fishing boats and industrial type stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back, nothing there to speak of. You would have to schlep your laundry on the bus that gets you to town and then back again. Fill that blue bag and enjoy the service onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anyone know if there is a laundromat close to the pier in Kodiak Ak?

forget the laundry, but do not forget to stop at the brewery. it is a fun place to visit and they serve and brew a good beer.

If there were a laundromat near any of the docks, you could still have a problem taking your laundry off the ship to wash it. You would need to go through Customs, believe it or not.

I realize you are from the US, and asking about a US port, but the ship is foreign, since it is registered in the Netherlands. You would be considered to be bringing goods into the US, so those goods would have to be cleared.

We have taken our laundry off the ship in many ports and never been asked to go through customs. I prefer to wash my own clothes since some require special care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right. We all take many things off of the ship and then come back with those same things....backpacks, cameras, etc., and we don't go through actual customs when we return.

For the OP, what ship are you on? We're on the Zaandam next week and there's a launderette on deck 2, deck 3, and deck 6.

No, there are no longer self-service laundries on Zaandam.

Sadly, you are correct. There were removed in the 4/18 drydock. However, the HAL "Know Before You Go" page dated 7/18 STILL says that they are on the ship................:evilsmile:

I called HAL Ship's Services and told them to CHANGE THE DAM PAGE...........:evilsmile:

Thanks for the heads up. It'll change my packing for an upcoming trip.