Anthem of the Seas

DH and I are going on Anthem in October out of Cape Liberty, doing the New England tour. Does anyone know how off shore we will he, and if our cell phones will work,? Or will we be charged the enormous roaming fee like we were in the Caribbean? Also have heard Anthem has the best internet service of all the ships, any truth to that rumor? Thanks:):)

DH and I are going on Anthem in October out of Cape Liberty, doing the New England tour. Does anyone know how off shore we will he, and if our cell phones will work,? Or will we be charged the enormous roaming fee like we were in the Caribbean? Also have heard Anthem has the best internet service of all the ships, any truth to that rumor? Thanks:):)

You will only be able to access shoreside cell towers when you are close to port, otherwise, the ships cell tower will be on and you will be charged whatever your provider charges while on a cruise ship. If you put your phone in airplane mode, you will not incur any cellular charges.

As far as roaming fees in the Caribbean, you must have had data roaming on. I have never had enormous roaming fees because my phone always has data roaming off.

Costs will vary by cell carrier and your plan, so contact them for costs and advice on setting your phone up correctly so you don't have a large bill.

The wifi on Anthem works very well. Enjoy your cruise departing from Beautiful and Gorgeous Bayonne.

Best bet is to put your phone into airplane mode and turn on wifi to make calls. You can test this at home if you phone connects to wifi there, and if it works make, and perhaps receive, calls once you purchase the on-board wifi (via the cruise planner in advance for best rates). Note you may have to change settings on you phone for this to work. Texting may work in the same way.

Once on any land, if you want to turn on cellular, it will depend on the plan your carrier offers for that - some include Canada at no extra charge. If you do that, don't forget to turn on airplane mode when back on the ship.