Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Thanks for this live review! It has been fun and informative...we will be Dreamin for the first time on the western itinerary in 51 days...two questions - your first drink, a Funship, I have not seen on any of the menus...where did you get it...next, what ship tracker did you use for tracking the Triumph? Is it on the Hub app

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here’s that cruise mapper. That’s Glory below us, something of the seas behind us and the green one is Caribbean princess.

a886ab26e7973207de53eef2f0aad9d6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I was saying about how pasta bella gets busier throughout the week as the blue cards figure it out. The first couple days it was near empty. Day 4 we had 5 tables in use on this side of the restaurant. Today I count 20 tables in use on this side and the other side is full.

There was no line at guys burgers on the way up here.

My selections for today

39aab52ec03a8d91a726e2a68e1e872e.jpg

I’ve noticed the lido music isn’t crazy on this ship. All country while I’ve been sitting here. And on some ships leaving ports it seems like they’ll have a deck party with loud music. All the ports we’ve left it’s been low, mellow, 70’s-80’s music when leaving ports.

Three times I definitely make sure I have a seat on lido. Lip synch auditions, ice carving, and hairy chest contest...which starts in 10 mins.

One guy came totally prepared for this...dressed as Austin Powers.

Do you spend much (or any) time on Serenity deck? Is it tough to get a spot?

Not my thing. I’ve been in that area watching sailaways and I want to say there was space available. I’ll check it out after this.

Do you spend much (or any) time on Serenity deck? Is it tough to get a spot?

Tons of empty space right now. Whatever you want. Chairs, couches, loungers, clamshells. There’s one person in one hot tub and four in the other.

Different bread today maybe they ran out of the other stuff. “You want bread? Three dollars!”

Was that Seinfeld The Soup you-know-whatzi?

Enjoying your review and wit.

Yeah Seinfeld. There’s another one on my after lunch cake pic.

Haven’t been to Grand Cayman yet. I’m going in 6 months on Vista.

Then let me give you some information. Back in 2016 my daughter who was a senior hospitality major at the University of Central Florida and I were doing our last spring break cruise on the Breeze going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. As we were sitting in the dining room waiting for the muster drill to start she tells me that she has to visit a brewery as an assignment from her "Beers of the World" class. Yup, that was a real class.

Anyway, we went on line and found the Caybrew brewery in Grand Cayman. We also found out that you could get there on the public bus. When we got off the ship we found the bus station which was about 3 blocks from the port. The bus was $1.50 per person each way and left us off right across the street from the brewery. It cost $6.00 each for the tour and 5 beers. Tours run on the hour starting at 9 AM. The bus back to the port was right in front of the brewery. The bus ride was about 20 minutes each way. I must say that this was one of our best adventures in over 70 cruises and only cost $18.00 for 2 people (yes, I'm cheap)!!

Haven’t been to Grand Cayman yet. I’m going in 6 months on Vista.

Then let me give you some information. Back in 2016 my daughter who was a senior hospitality major at the University of Central Florida and I were doing our last spring break cruise on the Breeze going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. As we were sitting in the dining room waiting for the muster drill to start she tells me that she has to visit a brewery as an assignment from her "Beers of the World" class. Yup, that was a real class.

Anyway, we went on line and found the Caybrew brewery in Grand Cayman. We also found out that you could get there on the public bus. When we got off the ship we found the bus station which was about 3 blocks from the port. The bus was $1.50 per person each way and left us off right across the street from the brewery. It cost $6.00 each for the tour and 5 beers. Tours run on the hour starting at 9 AM. The bus back to the port was right in front of the brewery. The bus ride was about 20 minutes each way. I must say that this was one of our best adventures in over 70 cruises and only cost $18.00 for 2 people (yes, I'm cheap)!!

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I hadn’t even started looking at things to do on that cruise yet.

Was the stuff you did in Nassau walking distance from the port?

I’d say all except for the last fort I went to is walking distance. But doing all of it in one trip is a lot. I broke it up into two separate trips with a break in between. Then a cab to the last one. Bang for your buck almost a straight shot from the port a couple blocks is parliament. Right behind that Supreme Court. Right behind that the library. Once you’re there you’re 2-3 blocks from the queens staircase. Walk up it and fort fincastle is right there.

If you come off the pier and take a right, Pompey square is on the corner. Once past that take a right to go left a few blocks to the distillery or right around the corner to Junkanoo beach. Walk to the end of Junkanoo beach and you’re across the street from Fort Charlotte and fort Stanley.