Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, CRUISERMOMX3 said:

Saint Greg I just found your review. It was awesome. Rivaled only by own own Sid_9169 and his tequila shenanigans! I want to see the two of you side by side at the Alchemy bar giving the bartenders a run for their tips. I leave in 4 days for my first solo cruise and I can't wait!

Thanks! We're doing it again in five weeks. First time since my first cruise that I've booked this late...So this will be the first time since I've been sailing on ships with lido deck rooms that I'm not on the lido deck because they were sold out. I'm a little nervous about the possibility of me trying to walk into the wrong room at 1am. First time I booked with a travel agent. First time I'm using a New Orleans park n' cruise hotel instead of Fulton garage. First time cruising in December...should be interesting.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! We're doing it again in five weeks. First time since my first cruise that I've booked this late...So this will be the first time since I've been sailing on ships with lido deck rooms that I'm not on the lido deck because they were sold out. I'm a little nervous about the possibility of me trying to walk into the wrong room at 1am. First time I booked with a travel agent. First time I'm using a New Orleans park n' cruise hotel instead of Fulton garage. First time cruising in December...should be interesting.

So much virginity, lol!! 😂

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, Saint Greg said:

So this is interesting. I’ve never heard this before. The lido bartender told me I couldn’t have both of my earbuds in..only one. Now first off I have ear buds in half the time..and half the time I have them in there’s nothing playing on them. When there is its news or sports talk so no loud music. I can always hear people talking. But I’ve never heard this rule in 8 cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a rule for crew members only, at least it was when I worked onboard the Pride of America. We couldn't have both earbuds in because they thought we wouldn't hear the alarms or announcements if there was an emergency. Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dentac said:

did you use ship wi-fi on your cruise?

Yep. Premium. Always. Now on this cruise we had Key West as a port...and I hade a 24 hour period in the key west area where I could use my AT&T unlimited data plan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Saint Greg said:

Alright I’m going

546be750e671aadb330560832b4e5499.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir, is it always around 11:00-11:30 pm that the ships pass? I turn my phone off and would not be able to check the ship tracker. We are on a B2B Mar 10 and17. I will have two shots at seeing the Triumph.Thanks

29 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

Sir, is it always around 11:00-11:30 pm that the ships pass? I turn my phone off and would not be able to check the ship tracker. We are on a B2B Mar 10 and17. I will have two shots at seeing the Triumph.Thanks

Zero shots. Carnival Triumph will be in dry dock.

1 hour ago, MEUB1112 said:

Glory will be doing that route then. But yes you should pass twice. The time wasn’t consistent. I missed it the first time. Got out there early the second time and had to wait over an hour.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, MEUB1112 said:

Just realized you said B2B. You’ll see Glory twice but they’ll both be on your first cruise 10th and 16th.

Thank you for the update, never crossed my mind to check the schedule for the other ships. After I posted the question it dawned on me that my wife will have Wi-Fi on her tablet, I should be able to check the ship tracker. Thank s again, have a great evening.

17 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

Thank you for the update, never crossed my mind to check the schedule for the other ships. After I posted the question it dawned on me that my wife will have Wi-Fi on her tablet, I should be able to check the ship tracker. Thank s again, have a great evening.

Keep in mind the problem I ran into the first night is I had been watching ship tracker weeks in advance to know what time to expect them...and it turned out the ship tracker has a delay.  So I missed the first time...I wouldn’t totally trust it. Go out there before they get too close on it.

Edited by Saint Greg

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Glory will be doing that route then. But yes you should pass twice. The time wasn’t consistent. I missed it the first time. Got out there early the second time and had to wait over an hour.

What time did they end up passing each other? What is a good time range to start looking? I've seen others say between 11:00 and 11:30. Is that still an accurate time or should I expand my viewing time to maybe between 10:00 and 12:00? Leaving 2/10/19 and hoping to see them pass.

Thanks,

Stingray310

6 minutes ago, stingray310 said:

What time did they end up passing each other? What is a good time range to start looking? I've seen others say between 11:00 and 11:30. Is that still an accurate time or should I expand my viewing time to maybe between 10:00 and 12:00? Leaving 2/10/19 and hoping to see them pass.

Thanks,

Stingray310

The first time I got out there at 11pm and I missed it. The second time I got out there before 10:30 and they passed at 11:30.

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Thank you again for allowing me to join you on this cruise!!

If it's ok I'm about to start the next dream cruise! Being the dream leaves out of Galveston it's a good possibility for us. 

Thanks again!

Hugs from Texas

Thanks for reading. That other Dream cruise has different ports and the Christmas theme so same but different.