Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

I’m not done yet I’ve got these videos I didn’t/couldn’t upload

I had to cut some off of this because it was blocked due to copyright stuff on the song “old time rock n roll.”

TZrMjgJ27Og

Eo1ausrx8_g

7hHZx7t_5to

tOUnfbkG6H0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread Greg, started reading at 10:30 this morning and just finished it few minutes ago.:D

I am sailing out NOLA early November on the Triumph, staying the night before and two night after the cruise, any recommendations of things not miss in NOLA.

I still find it hard believe how everyone can consume 15 drinks in only 24 hour. I doubt i could drink that in an entire cruise. :cool: ;p

Edited by steadyone

Great thread Greg, started reading at 10:30 this morning and just finished it few minutes ago.:D

I am sailing out New Orleans early November on the Triumph, staying the night before and two night after the cruise, any recommendations of things not miss in New Orleans.

I still find it hard believe how everyone can consume 15 drinks in ony 24 hour. I doubt i could drink that in an entire cruise. :cool: ;p

Awesome! I went on Triumph the past two Septembers. I really like the shows they have. I think that's the last ship with the old style shows with the orchestra pit..and one night they fly in a magician from Vegas for a Vegas Style magic show with the dancers in the main lounge...then a burlesque show in the comedy club later that night. I recommend attending both of those.

My number one don't miss if you're staying that long is the WWII museum. I'd plan for five hours there. I've done it in three but that really isn't enough time. There are extras you can buy for like $5 each. The 45min video narrated by Tom Hanks is worth it. The submarine experience isn't unless you have kids that really want to do it. I always tell people the WWII museum is as good or better than any excursion on your cruise and cheaper.

Have you figured out your hotels and parking? If you need any help with that or anything else let me know. And be sure to check out the New Orleans board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Awesome! I went on Triumph the past two Septembers. I really like the shows they have. I think that's the last ship with the old style shows with the orchestra pit..and one night they fly in a magician from Vegas for a Vegas Style magic show with the dancers in the main lounge...then a burlesque show in the comedy club later that night. I recommend attending both of those.

My number one don't miss if you're staying that long is the WWII museum. I'd plan for five hours there. I've done it in three but that really isn't enough time. There are extras you can buy for like $5 each. The 45min video narrated by Tom Hanks is worth it. The submarine experience isn't unless you have kids that really want to do it. I always tell people the WWII museum is as good or better than any excursion on your cruise and cheaper.

Have you figured out your hotels and parking? If you need any help with that or anything else let me know. And be sure to check out the New Orleans board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

I sailed the Triumph shortly after it's famous notoriour sailing(poop ship). Glad to hear that they still have the old style shows. The will most likely disappear after it's dry dock.

I am a big WW2 buff so am defintely going to check that out.

My hotels are almost free. Pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn Express near the Super Bowl using hotel points. Post cruise for two night at Staybridge Suites for under $100 plus hotel points total for both nights.

I am flying in but taking the City of New Orleans home to Wisconsin, so I won't need parking.

Also like you, I am a solo cruiser. Love that I get to do what I want to do when I want to do.

Edited by steadyone

On my way to the hotel I almost hit a fat leprechaun wearing a cape. I thought...”nobody is going to believe that”...so after I parked I went on foot to get a shot of him.

bd8df7e71905fe016c8862b8057902c2.png

That's guy in the green superhero outfit is harmless. He lives in the Shenandoah neighborhood of baton rouge and can be seen walking around quite a bit in the same outfit.

I sailed the Triumph shortly after it's famous notoriour sailing(poop ship). Glad to hear that they still have the old style shows. The will most likely disappear after it's dry dock.

I am a big WW2 buff so am defintely going to check that out.

My hotels are almost free. Prec-cruise at the Holiday Inn Express near the Super Bowl using hotel points. Post cruise for two night at Staybridge Suites for under $100 plus hotel points total for both nights.

I am flying in but taking the City of New Orleans home to Wisconsin, so I won't need parking.

Also like you, I am a solo cruiser

Cool. I stayed at that Holiday Inn Express once last year. I'm assuming the Staybridge on Poydras? Check out Mother's restaurant across the street. My favorite is their debris po boy and jerry's jambalaya. Try the charbroiled oysters at Drago's in the Hilton Riverside.

Drink a spotted cow for me.

Cool. I stayed at that Holiday Inn Express once last year. I'm assuming the Staybridge on Poydras? Check out Mother's restaurant across the street. My favorite is their debris po boy and jerry's jambalaya. Try the charbroiled oysters at Drago's in the Hilton Riverside.

Drink a spotted cow for me.

Yes it's the Staybridge on Poydras. Never had a Spotted Cow.:cool:

Both Mother's and Drago's were already on my to do list.

Lets hope my 59 days and your 170 days zip by fast.:p

Yes it's the Staybridge on Poydras. Never had a Spotted Cow.:cool:

Both Mother's and Drago's were already on my to do list.

Lets hope my 59 days and your 170 days zip by fast.:p

In that case have a spotted cow for you. It’s a Wisconsin beer.

defe07f75edcb4cb5748000b81f867bf.png

Hey Greg,

Great review. We sail on Mar. 17th. First time sailing with the whole family. My DW, two sons and their girlfriends. I went all out and got everyone Cheers so we WILL be hanging out at Alchemy and after seeing your

photos I will be trying ALL the different Alchemy concoctions.

Bob :):):)

Specifically at 12:01am on the 90th day out. Just in case you're anxious to get that early time scheduled!
Might just do that. Thanks

Carnival Carnivale 1991

Carnival Triumph 2005

Carnival Freedom 2011

Carnival Glory 2012

Princess 2013

Carnival Dream 2019

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

I don’t know about the hallway decor. When you return to the room at 1am after more than a few drinks...about to go in your room and you turn around and see this...it kind of freaks you out.

6bd1232812aefabbaa23abb702e69ed0.jpg

That freaked me out sober, sitting at my desk.

Make sure it is cruise approved...no surge protector...you can find them on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got one at the Dollar Tree. It’s a three prong strip with three outlet plugs. It says right on the packaging “this is not a surge protector”. I took it with me just this week and had no problem getting it on or using it on the ship.

I got one at the Dollar Tree. It’s a three prong strip with three outlet plugs. It says right on the packaging “this is not a surge protector”. I took it with me just this week and had no problem getting it on or using it on the ship.

Yeah that’s good. I got mine at dollar tree. I’ve been using it for 8 cruises now. Definitely worth $1.

Yeah that’s good. I got mine at dollar tree. I’ve been using it for 8 cruises now. Definitely worth $1.
I have one already somewhere from my previous cruises just not 100% certain where it is due to my move. I believe I also got it from the dollar store. In Canada it should not be a dollar store but two bucks