Will showers cancel helicopter excursion?

vinsheer

The weather forecast for Aug 30 is showing showers in Juneau, AK. I have the helicopter glacier walk booked through Carnival. Has anyone ever had their tour cancelled by Carnival and if so how was it handled? Hoping to have time to book another excursion if they let us know right away. I've just now been reading these helicopter tours are one of the most cancelled excursions. Also I paid with a gift card. Of course I will go to the shore excursion desk right away but just wondering what some of you may have experienced. Thanks in advance!

Showers won’t cancel alone, what will cancel the tour is low ceilings (clouds) and visibility.

not to mention windy conditions or possibility of storm coming thru. Have booked helicopter twice and cancelled twice due to mother nature.

They err on the side of caution which is the correct thing to do

I wouldn't believe any weather forecast that far out.

I was on a float plane excursion there one time, and they didn't cancel until after we had taken off and we had flown a little bit. All money was refunded and we got to take off and land in a float plane for free!

Here in Alaska, the forecast changes by the hour. I only look a day or two forward, and even that is sometimes not accurate. The current forecast says clearing in Juneau and sunny tomorrow, but it’s about a half mile visibility and misting. If it’s something you really want to do, I’d just wait until the day of and trust that the tour company will cancel if needed. They are good about that here. They don’t want any accidents, and they don’t want complaints from customers about not being able to see anything. But have a backup plan so you don’t miss out on seeing areas outside the port. The glacier area is beautiful even in the rain, and you can get a bus tour there from one of the many kiosks on the pier. Hope you enjoy your trip! Bring good rain gear. It’s definitely fall.