Christmas on Oceania

Grandmom3

On 8/31/2018 at 4:59 PM, jagsfan said:

No, but we all have friends that do, and when I had an office I put up Chanukah decorations as well as Christmas decorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

when I was working the mix was such that we sent Happy Christmas, Happy Diwali, Happy Hannuka, Happy Chinese new year. We all had a lovley time sharing our holidays................and it kept Hallmark in business!

Jxx

Hi All

we've chosen a Christmas/New Years cruise this year ( L.A to Miami via Panama) we don't have any religion ( if you can call the Christmas consumer fest religious) We're looking forward to seeing Sirena beautifully decorated and a lovely Christmas dinner ( hope we get offered the Turkey that we have on embarkation) . Last time ( 2000) we had a cruise at New Years we couldn't have fireworks incase they were mistaken for distress signals.  

We're travelling from the U.K so will not be allowed to take wrapped gifts through customs.........so something lovely from Oceania will be perfect.

I think that I may take something "British" for the staff,

All the best

Josie and Brian ( Manchester,England)

BTW all gifts for the family are wrapped ........................not that I'm excited or anything

😁 xx

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

Also 4th of July is morally repugnant of course because you colonials celebrate the parting of ways from our glorious British Empire

I understand your queen is willing to take us back.  I'd vote yes for that 🙂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, clo said:

I understand your queen is willing to take us back.  I'd vote yes for that 🙂

4th July is starting to be "celebrated" in the (dis)united Kingdom, we see red , white and blue in the shops. most people don't have a clue what it it means! How it can be "morally repugnant" is beyond me.

We we're on Sirena for Thanks Giving last year ..................all it meant was more turkey!

Jxx

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BenMurphy said:

4th July is starting to be "celebrated" in the (dis)united Kingdom, we see red , white and blue in the shops. most people don't have a clue what it it means! How it can be "morally repugnant" is beyond me.

We we're on Sirena for Thanks Giving last year ..................all it meant was more turkey!

Jxx

You did read the part where I said it was tongue in cheek didn’t you? 

• Haha 3

• 3 years later...
On 8/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, BenMurphy said:

We're travelling from the U.K so will not be allowed to take wrapped gifts through customs.........so something lovely from Oceania will be perfect.

I think that I may take something "British" for the staff,

All the best

Josie and Brian ( Manchester,England)

BTW all gifts for the family are wrapped ........................not that I'm excited or anything

😁 xx

Am I reading this right? No wrapped gifts from Uk...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 11:08 AM, ToxM said:

You can’t take wrapped presents in luggage through an airport. 

Though I'm glad no one at O's Terminal J customs or the international airports at Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis or Des Moines made me unwrap the rolled-up oil canvas painting I was carrying as my "carry on". Wrapped like a present. Nearly 3" long. IF they had made me unwrap it, they'd have seen a tasteful nude I'd bought in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. 

53 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though I'm glad no one at O's Terminal J customs or the international airports at Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis or Des Moines made me unwrap the rolled-up oil canvas painting I was carrying as my "carry on". Wrapped like a present. Nearly 3" long. IF they had made me unwrap it, they'd have seen a tasteful nude I'd bought in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. 

haha I would have enjoyed watching them unwrap it! I like sheepish individuals 🙂

I used to spend the week before Christmas in Vegas every year (rodeo - cute cowboys) and always remember the messages on morning news programs warning people not to wrap presents before packing them in suitcases if you were travelling by air.

The real shame of it is the fact that we can’t bring Christmas Crackers over - I completely understand why travelling with packages with gunpowder in them is not a good idea(!!), but there’s nothing like a good cracker with your Christmas dinner! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ToxM said:

haha I would have enjoyed watching them unwrap it! I like sheepish individuals 🙂

Of course, as my wife tells me, the joke is on me... "If you want that painting hung up, we've got to buy a new house. It just can't go on any of the walls we have now. Unless you want it in the basement." So the headline: "Man buys painting, wife gets new house"? 😉

I was a bit nervous unrolling and laying it out at the framing shop. But the proprietress seemed to appreciate it. I had to have her put it on the stretcher rods/frame when I came back. BUT when I called to pick it up, I immediately saw it, for it had its "back" to us. No one was in the shop when I paid for it, so she turned it around and we discussed it bit. My "Caribbean beauty".

• Haha 1