Return back to inventory after final psyme

jillpra

Are travel agency block of cabins returned back to inventory after final payment? Am hoping to switch js cabins after our final payment passes on Monday! Right now on deck 12 of oasis on hump and am hoping for deck 8 on a hump! No more js are showing available right now!

Thanks.

Jill

They might be. It’s also common to see a bunch of rooms pop up that were just being held by individuals, not agents. So it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on the website or giving RCI a call.

We just upgraded yesterday for $75 due to this situation where rooms were handed back at final

Are travel agency block of cabins returned back to inventory after final payment? Am hoping to switch js cabins after our final payment passes on Monday! Right now on deck 12 of oasis on hump and am hoping for deck 8 on a hump! No more js are showing available right now!

Thanks.

Jill

In the vast majority of cases travel agents do not hold actual cabins. They have space reserved by category and the cabin is only taken out of inventory once a named deposit is applied.

Also Royal recalls group space at 120 days prior to sailing if not earlier.

This is what I understand, TA block bookings are returned at 120 days out.

So you will be seeing what individual cabins were canceled just before final payment.

And I were you, I would be calling DAILY, as not everyone will wait until the day of final payment to cancel.

I was in a similar situation a couple weeks ago, hoping to change to different JS location though JS’s sold out well before final. Past experience lead me to think some people might cancel rather than make final payment. So, I watched fairly diligently before and after final. I only saw 1 JS return to inventory for my sailing; it was on deck 14, so I stayed put. On my sailing, nonrefundable deposit got me a substantially better price, so I booked that; maybe the others who booked JS’s were also committed to that sailing date (either nonrefundable deposit or great price or whatever). I hope you have better luck switching.